D3-Sr. Data Steward
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
A Data Governance and Standards Consultant II will be responsible for collaborating and communicating best governed data practices and processes between business clients and technology to enable better decision making that supports the Enterprise Data and Analytics Strategy. Mentors team members.
• Supports collaboration between business & technology to ensure that data standards and metadata meet the organization standards and requirements
• Build self-service training for enterprise employees on governed data sources and metadata
• Carry out testing/profiling of privacy data to adhere to regulatory and privacy standards ensuring proper operation and accuracy
• Revamp current procedures and processes and communicate to business
• Document nuances about enterprise data sources, rating programs, and queries & communicate through SharePoint site
• Build relationships with appropriate system areas to ensure cooperation on managing data assets and data stewardship objectives is established
• Act as a liaison between technology and business with clarifications of requirements throughout project lifecycle.
This job does not have supervisory duties
Education an Experience
• Bachelor's in a field such as Math, Business, Computer Science or Data Architecture or equivalent work experience
• 3-5 years of related experience
Certificates, Lnses, Registrations
- Strong data management, quality assurance and data flow skills
- Solid experience in time and task management
- Strong attention to details
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Skills in Oracle, SAS/SQL, and Tableau
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary - but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the "EEO is the Law" poster click "here". This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click "here". This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company's policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee's ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.
Back to top