D3-Data & Analytics-Lead Cons
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Led by Allstate's Chief Data Officer, the Data and Analytics Strategy team is the foundation for data-driven decision making at Allstate. This team works across the Enterprise (including Allstate Protection, B2B, Allstate Financial, and Investments) to manage the strategy, integration and governance of data at Allstate.
This role will be responsible for using appropriate technical skills/business knowledge to complete assignments that support business goals with heavy emphasis on fostering collaboration enterprise-wide. The Data & Analytics Strategy Lead Consultant will design, develop, and manage Enterprise Data Strategy projects in the following areas: Data Governance & Quality, Master Data Management, Analytics Ecosystem and Data Information & Security.
Manages one of the following Enterprise Data Strategy work streams:
- Improving data governance and quality increases the reliability of our data (Data Governance & Quality)
- Creating the single, trusted source for key business data that can be shared across the Enterprise (Master Data Management)
- Strategically enabling the right data to conduct analysis, inform decisions and deliver result (Analytic Ecosystem)
- Protecting our data assets through increased and appropriate security (Data Information & Security)
Responsibilities within these work streams include:
- Manages integrated, multi-track projects and/or programs in developing high quality deliverables, performance expectations, risk mitigation, and process development
- Develops enterprise wide framework and/or project plans for the execution of deliverables
- Tracks performance, establishes project controls and communicates risks & status
- Translates technical concepts to business implications/capabilities to for project requirements and discussion purposes
- Provides feedback to program resources (budget, staffing, etc.) contributing to program execution
- Contributes to functional strategy and defines success criteria for enterprise-wide initiatives
- Contributes to the common vision and helps drive communication throughout the enterprise to elevate the organizations' commitment to clean, reliable, and accurate data
- Develops communication plans/strategies and materials to support programs or processes
• Bachelor's degree required, advanced degree preferred
• 5+ years of business experience and/or business project management experience
• Applies understanding of financial services/Property and Casualty consumer trends, industry/ competitive dynamics, and economics
• Possesses quantitative and analytical skills
• Ability to synthesize large amounts of complex data into meaningful conclusions and recommendations
• Ability to design and lead dynamic data projects of moderate complexity
• Advanced ability to manage multiple priorities given aggressive timelines; comfortable performing in a fast paced, dynamic and ambiguous business environment; manage both internal and external resources
• Uses sound decision making capabilities including problem solving approaches, decision frameworks; ability to support complex analysis
• Advanced skill in motivation, organization, analysis, coaching and facilitation of teamwork
• Ability to develop and/or revise tactics to support changing strategies and direction.
• Excellent presentation skills; dynamically (persuasively) presenting ideas to management
• Ability to structure documents to effectively communicate with senior management and drive alignment and decision making
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary - but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Back to top