Cybersecurity Education & Training Consultant
- Charlotte, NC
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
We will give consideration to individuals who are willing to work from our local Allstate offices in the following locations: Charlotte, NC; Irving, TX
The Cybersecurity Education & Training Consultant will contribute to the overall activities that support educating Allstate end users about their information protection responsibilities. The position supports activities to mitigate risks associated with the human factor of security and programs that ensure or improve the effectiveness of corporate security education strategies. The individual in this position should have a thorough understanding of stated security policies and how they affect end user behavior.
A broad range of professional skills along with strong interpersonal skills will be required for problem-solving, collaboration with virtual cross-functional work groups, as well as the design and implementation of cybersecurity education and development. The successful individual will serve as a trusted advisor who can clearly articulate security risks and expected behaviors to mitigate those risks. He/she will also clearly articulate Allstate security policies, standards, and guidelines to both technical and business audiences alike.
- Coordinate, develop, and curate cybersecurity training content
o Support coordination of training delivery for the Cybersecurity Education portfolio.
o Analyze training needs to support determination on whether to build, buy or curate training and development material.
o Design training material and workforce development plans according to approved training strategies and plans.
o Develop error-free training and development material that meets the organization's requirements, creates understanding of complex subject matter, and effectively uses language in an innovative and creative way to reinforce key messages.
o Help with setting strategy for work within the Cybersecurity Education portfolio.
o Represent information security at local company events by supporting organization's mission and key messages.
- Support cybersecurity training plans and tactics within the Cybersecurity Education & Training Portfolio
o Support planning sessions regarding root cause analysis of business issues and/or opportunities that lead to the development of training plans.
o Apply functional knowledge to support the creation and execution of cybersecurity training plans.
o Possess clear understanding of business issues and use training to help solve organizational problems and achieve organizational objectives.
o Edit/review self/others' training courses, deliverables and plans.
- Identify training measures and metrics to ensure desired outcomes and alignment to business goals
o Support creation, reporting and analysis of key metrics, measurements and analytics for appropriate training material within the Cybersecurity Education portfolio.
o Help to identify key metrics, measurements and analytics for the Cybersecurity Education portfolio.
- Develop and maintain effective partnerships
o Build network of contacts; develops and maintains cross-organizational relationships.
o Work with colleagues from across the organization to achieve better results.
- Bachelor's degree with 3+ years of technical or security training experience.
- Strong understanding of learning and development strategies
- Strong instructional design and writing skills across a range of disciplines (computer-based training, instructor-led training, scripts, workshops, etc.)
- General understanding of technology and/or cybersecurity
- Creative skills and ability to analyze and integrate client needs into an effective deliverable
- Ability to perform under pressure and work independently in a "semi-structured" environment, but also recognizes when guidance is needed from program management and delivery leaders.
- Strong project management and consulting skills
- Strong organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Self-starter who demonstrates complete ownership over assigned objectives
- Comfortable in taking initiative and able to work with minimum supervision
- Strategic thinking skills
- Knowledge / experience with Articulate 360 or Storyline preferred
- General knowledge of: NIST 800-53, NIST cybersecurity framework, NICE, ISO/IEC 27000 family of standards, and COBIT
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary - but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Back to top