Cyber Risk Reporting Analyst
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can’t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You’ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers’ lives. We’ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you’ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Cybersecurity Risk Reporting Analyst is responsible for assisting in the development and reporting of key Cybersecurity risk metrics collected and monitored by Allstate’s Information Security (AIS) organization. Additionally, the Cybersecurity Risk Reporting Analyst will support management in recommending and implementing additional risk metrics and furthering risk analytics capabilities using industry best practices. An ideal candidate will possess strong analytical and technical skills (Cybersecurity-specific technical expertise preferred but not required), as well as business acumen. The role will work cross-functionally and the candidate should have excellent collaboration, influencing, and team building skills. The role will support the Security Assurance, Policy and Monitoring team in a cross-functional business analyst position. Focus areas will be metrics and reporting.
- Minimum of 3 years Project Management / Business Analyst experience; and
- Demonstrate Practical experience designing and implementing Information Security reporting and metrics.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal – this role requires interaction across the enterprise and regular interface with people at all organization levels.
- Practical experience delivering Risk and Compliance consulting services to enterprise, typically obtained in 3-5 years, or related experience in information security.
- Be responsible for establishing strong working relationships within Allstate Information Security (AIS), outside AIS, as well as other brand/affiliate organizations.
- Coordinate Business As Usual (BAU) activities, overseeing monthly and quarterly metrics program. Provide assistance to management team to Identify metric anomalies/trends/outliers and challenge these accordingly.
- Proactively identify enhancement that will improve the security posture and identify cyber security control deficiencies within the organization.
- Ability to act independently and exercise good judgment as well as the ability to work cross functionally and create virtual teams is essential.
- Ability to build reports from conceptualization through presentation
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Knowledge of security technologies (authentication, encryption, key management, sandboxing, VPNs, firewalls, intrusion detection/prevention), security controls and risks
- Knowledge of Information Security Risk Frameworks as well as SAP Business objects/Data warehousing skills
- Ability to evaluate technical risk and business impact and explain the impact of security issues to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Superior attention to detail and focus on quality work packet delivery
- Experience in risk management in highly technical environments
- Knowledge and prior experience of statistical data analysis and aacquiring data from various sources, analyzing results using statistical techniques and developing reporting capabilities with Tableau or alternate platform
- Proficiency in Excel and relational database modeling
- Excellent analytical & technical skills, able to research problems, determine root causes and solutions
- Experience in performing data mining on large data sets using SAP Business object analysis tools
- Ability to prioritize workload and meet deadlines
- Work ethic based on a strong desire to exceed expectations. Experience working successfully in a very fast-paced, results-oriented environment. Hands-on.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment. Requires excellent time management skills, ability to juggle multiple, competing priorities, with strength in identifying and implementing solutions to address the critical needs
- Existing information security certifications desired, such as CISSP, CCSP, CISM, CISA; or willingness to obtain certifications to support job responsibilities
- Experience with security governance practices
- Business Continuity experience
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life — including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Data Analytics Engineer
Patrick supports the work of his fellow Data Scientists by coding predictive models. He works to create functional Allstate products by making sense of the company's vast amount of customer data.
Back to top