Cyber and Application Security Training Lead
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Cyber & Application Security Training Lead provides deeply technical training and awareness support to developers, architects, and engineers. Serves as the Senior Subject Matter Expert (SME) in the development, implementation and administration of the cyber and application security training program and establishes the program as an integrated and robust security training and courseware framework for the organization. The Training Lead is responsible for strengthening the cyber and application security training and awareness program into a comprehensive, measurable, and effective.
The individual will develop a comprehensive security education and awareness program that provides our IT staff with the knowledge they need to effectively developer, engineer, deploy, and operate secure products and services for Allstate.
- Develop and maintain hands on and interactive training modules that cover current day threats and vulnerabilities aligned to the current technology in use at Allstate.
- The individual must be a dynamic, proven briefer who is comfortable speaking before large groups of people. Will develop, disseminate, and present cyber and application security education and training materials that provides blended learning opportunities; Materials will include training plans, briefings, slides, interactive demos, and live labs, as well as periodic newsletters and blogs, refresher training, and specialized training
- Develops security training materials specifically designed to assist key IT staff and officials responsible for major application and general support systems to participate in the enhancement or development of the security plans for their systems.
- Orients the staff and appropriate officials concerning their security role and responsibilities relative to their systems
- Update/develop, in conjunction with Enterprise TEA teams relevant and useful COTS training programs and modules for e-learning.
- Develop, review, and prepare training and education materials to meet organizational information security requirements as well as customer value requirements.
- Administer Training Session at multiple locations around the U.S including AZ, IL, TX, NC
- Develop, coordinate, and administer lunch and learns for developers around various and current day Cyber Security Topics.
Required Skill and Experience:
- A minimum of five (5) years of demonstrated experience in the Information Security (Cybersecurity or Information Assurance) field
- Extensive expertise in Information Security (Cybersecurity or Information Assurance) processes and industry best practices in providing thorough Information Security (Cybersecurity or Information Assurance) training.
- Working knowledge of the NIST Risk Management Framework (RMF), as well as information assurance, risk analysis, continuous monitoring
- Working knowledge of Agile/XP/Scrum Software Development Capabilities
- Must also be proficient in Information Security (Cybersecurity or Information Assurance) requirements
- Strong problem solving and analysis skills, self-motivated, and able to work and communicate in a team environment.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational and leadership skills preferred
- Ability to dynamically present training modules with no supervision
- Flexibility to adjust to a quickly changing and fast paced environment
Understanding of basic adult learning principles. Knowledge in instructional design preferred.
- Bachelor's degree or higher preferred
- CEH, CSSLP, GIAC is Preferred
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Director Of Technology Strategy
Josh is constantly looking for opportunities for Allstate to use technology and computer software in innovative ways that continue to build on the company’s core strengths.
Back to top