Customer Service Representative (P&C Licensed preferred)
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Customer Service Representatives (Property & Casualty Licensed position) open at Allstate in our Charlotte, N.C. location.
In this role, as a Licensed Customer Service Representative, you will answer complex customer inquiries and/or resolve complex service concerns in order to support our customers. This is a licensed representative and is responsible for initiating and successfully closing cross sales opportunities and supporting marketing campaigns. Contacts are made through inbound and outbound calls in a way that enables the call center to meet its customer satisfaction and business performance goals. There will be extended periods of sitting while multitasking including use of various computer programs while interacting with the customer on the phone. Non-standard hours based on call volume
- Tentative Start Date: Friday, November 10, 2017
- Licensing Schedule: (Initial 2 Weeks): Monday-Friday 1st shift (TBD)
- Training Schedule: (8 Weeks): Monday-Friday 2:30 PM to 11:00 PM in classroom-(Off Saturday and Sunday)
- Transition Schedule: Monday-Thursday 4:30 PM to 1:00 AM / Off Friday / Saturday- 12:00 PM to 8:30 PM / Off Sunday.
- Work Schedule: Monday-Thursday 4:30 PM to 1:00 AM / Off Friday / Saturday- 12:00 PM to 8:30 PM / Off Sunday.
Compensation and other important information:
- Salary: $35,360 annually (paid bi-weekly) plus an additional 10% for 2nd shift differential (if applicable)
- Excellent benefits starting on your first day of employment, including 401K, health, dental, vision and life insurance.
- $1000 bonus paid after 6 months of employment if hired with an active General Lines Property & Casualty License (license bonus does not apply to Allstate re-hires)
- If you do not currently hold a Property & Casualty License, Allstate will pay for your licensing course to obtain your license during your first two weeks of employment. However, after the second attempt, if you do not pass, your employment will end, because you are required to have a P&C license to perform the job.
The Licensed Customer Service Representative will be responsible for:
- Providing an exceptional experience to customers in order to meet performance goals.
- Resolving complex questions/issues and referring other inquiries to appropriate areas as needed. Demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of specific company products in order to portray confidence and credibility to customers.
- Proactively identify and act on cross-selling opportunities in order to increase household penetration and improve customer retention, applying effective selling and influencing techniques.
- Providing quotes for both auto and property premiums and bind policies.
- Prospecting for new business during routine customer calls.
It is Allstate's goal to support our customers how, when and where they want to be served. The Customer Contact Center will provide service 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. As a result, it is critical that all our team members can commit to a flexible work schedule that includes some weekends and holidays. Most call center employees work one weekend day, typically a Saturday, as a part of their normal work week. We do our best to provide a balance between work and personal life, and we will provide advanced notice of any changes in your work hours.
- A minimum of one year of customer service experience (sales call center or insurance industry experience a plus)
- Bachelor's degree preferred, High School Diploma or GED required.
- This Position requires General Lines Property and Casualty (P&C) licensing/Allstate appointment. Resident and non-resident licenses are required as is FBI fingerprinting (a State of North Carolina requirement).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Advanced - Basic PC aptitude with Word, Excel and the Internet
- Advanced – Flexibility
- Advanced - Team-oriented
- Advanced - Adaptability
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please seethe notice regarding the Los Angeles Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Director Of Technology Strategy
Josh is constantly looking for opportunities for Allstate to use technology and computer software in innovative ways that continue to build on the company’s core strengths.
Back to top