Customer Insurance Representative
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can’t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You’ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers’ lives. We’ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you’ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Start Date: 04-14-17
Training Schedule (5 weeks): 10:15 AM – 7:00 PM Monday – Friday
Transition Schedule (8 weeks): 10:15 AM – 7:00 PM Tuesday – Friday & 7:15 AM – 4:00 PM Saturday
Work Schedule: 10:15 AM – 7:00 PM Tuesday – Friday & 7:15 AM – 4:00 PM Saturday
(Some Holidays required)
Starting Salary: $31,200 Annually ($15.00/HR)
Our Customer Contact Center in Chubbuck, ID is growing and we are looking for charismatic, talented individuals who thrive in a collaborative and challenging environment.
The Customer Insurance RepresentativeI is responsible for handling customer experience inquiries, and resolving service concerns/documenting customer requests, and completing changes to policies which do not require a license. Service to customers will include inbound/outbound calls and call transfers for service transactions.
Starting Salary: $31,200 Annually ($15.00/HR)
- Completes customer’s transactional requests as provided by caller.
- Demonstrates accuracy in processing changes to customer policies based on the information provided and identifies opportunities requiring a transfer to a licensed representative.
- Actively listens to customer issues or questions showing interest, compassion and displaying empathy for the caller’s situation.
- Verify coverage for customers or verify that policy changes were made and provide proof of insurance documents to customers.
- Remain current on new marketing campaigns in order to respond appropriately to marketing related inquiries using all available resource tools.
- Acknowledge and direct customer’s requests for additional products or services to appropriate licensed representatives.
- Ensure facilitation of first call resolution and customer satisfaction on all transactions.
- Handle requests regarding customer documentation and be able to clearly explain them to include any follow up on our customer’s part.
- Prior call center experience a plus
- Minimum of 1 year of customer service experience
- Flexibility with continual changes to business requirements (shift and weekend work schedules)
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Excellent listening /communication skills (both oral and written)
- Intermediate computer skills including keyboard proficiency
About AllstateBenefits and Perks
- Pension plan PLUS 401K
- Career path/succession planning
- Tuition reimbursement
- Inclusive work environment
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Health and wellness benefits, including: nutrition/weight management, smoking cessation program, stress management, lifestyle coaching, financial resources
- Adoption assistance program
- Comprehensive health insurance plans
- Flexible spending accounts (FSA)
Employee Resource Groups including Allstate Women’s Information Network (AWIN), Professional Latino Allstate Network (PLAN), Allstate Asian American Network (3AN), Allstate Network of Gay and Lesbian Employees and Supporters (ANGLES), African American Working Network (AAWN), Young Professional Organization (YPO), Parents Working Together (PWT), Allstate Adoption Network (AAN) and Allstate Veterans Engagement Team and Supporters (AVETS)
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life — including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Data Analytics Engineer
Patrick supports the work of his fellow Data Scientists by coding predictive models. He works to create functional Allstate products by making sense of the company's vast amount of customer data.
Back to top