Customer Data & Analytics - Senior Consultant
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can’t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You’ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers’ lives. We’ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you’ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Job Family Summary
The Data and Analytics Strategy team works across the Enterprise to manage the strategy, integration and governance of data at Allstate. Supporting Allstate’s Chief Data Officer, we provide the strategy for Allstate’s data and analytics capabilities. Data & Analytics are increasingly important across industries – be a part of Allstate’s ongoing transformation into a data-driven, customer-centric organization.
You will support the Customer Data Strategy – a highly visible initiative providing high-quality, comprehensive, and impactful data at all customer touch-points so Allstate can serve as trusted advisors. Specifically, you will drive the Customer Data Remediation Program: analyzing data issues, prioritizing data quality initiatives, and managing projects to completion. Your work will have data governance and data management impacts to the Enterprise. You will lead efforts by collaborating with business and technology and influence multiple levels of leadership to execute key deliverables.
- Proactively drives and supports the governance of business data to ensure data is consistent, accurate, available, and accessible
- Manage data quality projects and program execution of complex and/or critically important complexity. Identify and understand connection points across the portfolio to drive assessment of sequence and dependencies.
- Perform quantitative analysis of data issues and define business, customer, and analytical impact of bad data.
- Develop benefit realization measurements and clearly define value post data quality remediation
- Drives problem solving and issue resolution to ensure task completion by establishing priorities and resolving conflicts
- Facilitate and lead decision-making processes amongst diverse stakeholders. Uses influence and negotiation to convince internal or external contacts of project decisions
- Storytelling and storyline development skills to effectively communicate using visual, verbal and written mediums
- Ability to translate technical requirements and deliverables to business capabilities to proactively communicate risks, issues and status to leadership and key stakeholders at multiple levels
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 3-5 years of business experience
- Quantitative analytical skills (Excel skills required. SQL, Tableau, and Access skills preferred)
- Ability to synthesize large amounts of complex data into meaningful conclusions and recommendations
- Project management skills – Ability to design and lead dynamic projects that are complex and/or critically important
- Advanced ability to manage multiple priorities given aggressive timelines; comfortable performing in a fast paced, dynamic and ambiguous business environment; manage both internal and external resources
- Sound decision making skills and ability to conduct and communicate complex analysis
- Excellent (clear, confident, and persuasive) presentation skills; experience presenting to senior leadership preferred
- Excellent facilitation skills; experience facilitating complex groups preferred
- Ability to structure documents to effectively communicate with senior management and drive alignment and decision making
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life — including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Data Analytics Engineer
Patrick supports the work of his fellow Data Scientists by coding predictive models. He works to create functional Allstate products by making sense of the company's vast amount of customer data.
Back to top