Corproate Goverannce Attorney
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Corporate Governance department consists of approximately 8 attorneys and other professionals who provide legal counsel to and representation of The Allstate Corporation ("Allstate") and its subsidiaries. Corporate Governance work includes, but is not limited to, board of director and committee support for Allstate, SEC advice and counsel, corporate governance advice and counsel to Allstate and its subsidiaries, advice and counsel with respect to Allstate's annual shareholders meeting, preparation of the proxy statement, review and preparation of other SEC periodic and current filings, and assistance with shareholder engagement.
- Assist in domestic and international subsidiary management and related processes for over 100 subsidiaries, including corporate secretarial matters, new entity formation and dissolution processes
- Work cross-functionally to plan, organize, and execute work in preparation for materials needed for subsidiary board and committee meetings
- Draft resolutions, written consents, agendas, minutes, executive summaries, and talking points
- Prepare regulatory filings
- Provide legal support for various projects, including licensing and research
- Work closely with other legal team members and business teams to identify, analyze, and propose solutions for various legal issues
- Ensure compliance with new laws and governance record keeping
- Possesses a Juris Doctorate and a license to practice law in Illinois
- 1-3 years of legal experience, preferably with a reputable law firm or an in-house legal department for a mid- to large-sized organization
- Corporate governance experience preferred.
- Organized, with strong project management skills and ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please seethe notice regarding the Los Angeles Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Data Analytics Engineer
Patrick supports the work of his fellow Data Scientists by coding predictive models. He works to create functional Allstate products by making sense of the company's vast amount of customer data.
Back to top