Corporate Strategy Associate Manager
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Corporate Strategy Associate Manager is responsible for supporting the development of strategy and driving necessary changes in the organization. Assist in executing projects that analyze strategic alternatives in depth so that opportunities, short and long term financial implications, risks and opportunities are well understood. Work across multiple functions and businesses to identify issues and assess financial and organizational impact. Assist in making recommendations and decision making and ensure alignment with the overall corporate strategy. Provide insights and perspective on key consumer, market, technology, and competitive trends that will impact current and future strategies.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Assist in the discovery, solution development and recommendation design for key strategic topics including market and competitive analyses
- Develop general strategy efforts for various internal stakeholder on a variety of projects and initiatives with a focus on analytical, process and content support
- Participate in the creation of senior management and Board communication presentations enabling effective communication of related strategies
- Support ongoing business intelligence, competitive tracking and best practice efforts through fact-based analyses
- Support central portions of projects, identifying key issues and selecting appropriate analyses to solve problems
- Communicate hypotheses, proposed analysis and findings
The most significant challenges for the Associate Manager for the first six months include:
- Learning the organization, culture and processes
- Establishing credibility with and earning the trust of key project teams
- Provide supporting analyses for key strategic initiatives, building internal capabilities and supporting the annual strategy review process
The successful candidate should have 5+ years of strategy/strategic planning/consulting experience gained through experience with a strategy consultancy and/or corporation. A bachelor's degree is required; and an MBA is preferred.
- Strong strategic and decision making framework capabilities including hypothesis design, complex issue identification, problem solving approaches, decision frameworks
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Ability to synthesize complex data and insights into meaningful conclusions and recommendations
- Ability to structure documents to effectively communicate with senior management and drive alignment and decision making
- Ability synthesize marketplace insights from various sources to develop strategic direction operating priorities
- Self-starter with the ability to manage multiple priorities given aggressive timelines; comfortable performing in a fast paced, dynamic and ambiguous business environment
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Data Analytics Engineer
Patrick supports the work of his fellow Data Scientists by coding predictive models. He works to create functional Allstate products by making sense of the company's vast amount of customer data.
Back to top