Corporate Relations Regional Senior Consultant
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Regional Corporate Relations supports the strategic communication needs of the regional operations of the Allstate Auto, Home and Life and Retirement business. Employees in this job family focus on aligning and engaging employees and agency owners on the strategy and tactics needed to support the business objectives of the Allstate brand, protect Allstate's reputation and drive consideration by highlighting the value in Allstate's local presence.
A Corporate Relations Regional Senior Consultant develops and executes internal and external communication strategies for the Corporation and the region, as assigned. The role includes developing and maintaining strategic community partnerships that promote the wellbeing of the community and the philanthropic work of the company and local Allstate agencies. The outcomes of the work are focused on improving the internal and external reputation of Allstate across the Southeast region by creating and delivering compelling, accessible messages, building strategic relationships, reinforcing key messages and producing a favorable business environment with key shareholders – including internal clients, the media, community, political and regulatory leaders, customers and engaged consumers and Allstate agency owners and employees. This position is based in Atlanta, GA and serves the states AL, GA, NC, SC. About 15% travel is required.
- With minimal direction works with regional CR leadership to create internal communication plans that consider all internal stakeholders and aligns them with corporate and regional priorities, messaging and business objectives.
- With minimal direction implements and measures internal communications plans to ensure integration and message consistency among all regional stakeholders.
- Develops strategic communications to help drive engagement, line of sight and culture change among regional internal/external stakeholders.
- Provides support to the delivery of external campaigns and programs designed to promote the Allstate brand in the community.
- Serves as client manager for various senior level executives.
- Proactively identifies emerging and existing issues that may have an impact on overall business performance and reputation of Allstate.
- With minimum guidance implements event/project management for The Allstate Foundation, Corporate Social Responsibility, media plans, and the achievement of key business unit objectives, etc.
- Builds and maintains relationships with key internal and external stakeholders and where applicable, begin to manage vendor partners.
- Experience, Education
o 3 to 5 years in a communications role
o Insurance and financial services business acumen preferred
o Bachelor degree in Communications, Marketing, Journalism or related field
- Business Acumen: Knowledge of the insurance and/or financial services industry helpful. General knowledge of budgeting required
- Writing: Excellent writer. Knowledge and application of the Associated Press Style Guide and ability to write in different voices in order to prepare communications for a variety of vehicles and stakeholders.
- Internal Communication Skills: Experience in developing and implementing internal communication strategies that create an understanding of corporate priorities, providing context on issues and initiatives, building employee/agency engagement, and helping people to understand their role and how it contributes to the success of Allstate.
- Content Development: Proficient in PowerPoint, Constant Contact and social media platforms. Light video/audio production and editing skills helpful.
- Communication Strategy and Planning: Knowledge of working with competitive analysis/market research, setting objectives, developing measurement and analysis, identifying issues and risks and change management that align with our strategic vision and priorities.
- Creative Thinking: Generates innovative solutions to address client / company issues, presents solutions clearly, enhances existing ideas to maximize opportunities for clients, and supports a creative, innovative environment.
- Executive Support: Serves as client manager for senior level executives providing communication, presentation and speech writing support.
- Client Interaction: Serves as a liaison between client or external stakeholder and department. Maintains balance between client interests and company interests.
- Team Skills: Ability to create cooperative atmosphere to foster teamwork
- Project Management: Develops work plans to organize project into tasks while remaining committed to project deadlines.
- Presentation Skills: Delivers presentations effectively and with confidence at the client, team and department level.
- Reputation and Brand Management: Knowledge of identifying reputational risks that have or could have impact on overall business performance and Allstate's reputation.
- External Communication
o Media Relations: Serves as regional media contact, working with news outlets to place stories that drive local agency presence and enhance Allstate's reputation.
o Government Relations & Public Affairs: Knowledge of developing strategies, material, and message development to support Allstate public policy initiatives along with intelligence gathering on regulatory initiatives that impact our industry.
o Issues Management: Knowledge of communicating with key stakeholder groups in a crisis situation and development and maintenance of crisis communication plans.
- Corporate Social Responsibility: Knowledge of developing of CSR strategies and initiatives across the enterprise and implements best practices.
- Strategic Philanthropy: Assists with managing strategic giving or program budgets against targets;
- Microsoft Office: Proficient in all Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Data Analytics Engineer
Patrick supports the work of his fellow Data Scientists by coding predictive models. He works to create functional Allstate products by making sense of the company's vast amount of customer data.
Back to top