Corporate Relations Division Manager
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Corporate Relations (CR) plays a vital role in Allstate's success. We advance the business priorities of the corporation through effective strategic communications and promote alignment and engagement with Allstate's reputation-building strategies across the enterprise. We provide our leaders, our employees, agency owners, staff and financial specialists with tools that help drive exceptional value for customers. And we would say it's the best department to be a part of – we have fun and we interact with departments across the organization.
We drive business results through:
- Improved external reputation with media, customers, legislative partners and opinion-leaders
- Improved Allstate engagement and accountability
We lead work that reassures our customers -- and those who someday will be customers -- that they are in Good Hands with Allstate. We help legislative partners understand how we prepare and protect their constituents. We connect Allstate with communities around the country and deliver on our "good hands" promise to society.
This position leads the team that manages internal communications and media relations in Allstate's California Region in Rancho Cordova, California. The role will also develop and implement the campaigns, communications and plans to position Allstate as an insurance and financial services leader. The person in this position is expected to:
- Manage external communication, working with the media, policymakers, customers and consumers to build and protect Allstate's reputation in local markets. This includes building and managing relationships with journalists and bloggers; serving as the company spokesperson; developing and distributing electronic and video communications materials; implementing strategic public relations campaigns integrated with national reputation goals and programs; planning and executing media and community events; and managing social media channels.
- Create executive positioning plans and internal communication strategies that consider all stakeholders and are aligned with corporate and regional priorities, messaging and business objectives.
- Implement and measure internal communications plans and events to ensure integration and message consistency among all regional stakeholders.
- Develop strategic communications to help drive engagement, line of sight and culture change among regional internal/external stakeholders for business initiatives and reputation programs.
- Grow and leverage partnerships with community organizations aligned with The Allstate Foundation's signature program areas, including youth empowerment and domestic violence awareness.
The person in this role will use internal communication skills and external media expertise to favorably position Allstate with its key stakeholders, including customers, consumers, media, opinion leaders, employees and agencies. In addition, this individual will build and maintain the credibility and positive reputation of the corporation through the implementation of an integrated internal positioning strategy. This will advance Allstate's image and reputation through improved Allstate engagement and accountability.
The successful candidate will have experience managing people and at least five years of experience in corporate or business communications or in a public relations agency.
The individual must have superior written and oral communication skills in addition to the following:
- Proven track record with building internal communication strategies that build employee/agency engagement.
- Proven track record in achieving media results in all channels.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Knowledge and experience with Constant Contact.
- Video and photo editing software skills.
- Experience using digital media strategies and tactics to advance business goals.
This Person Will:
- Have leadership experience in a business setting.
- Have excellent oral and written communication skills to deliver effective presentations and written materials.
- Be a demonstrated team player in a cross-functional setting.
- Have proven ability to adapt and succeed in a fast-paced and challenging environment.
- Have strong customer service orientation.
- Be a highly organized self-starter who is driven to achieve outstanding results.
- Think strategically and be able to translate business objectives into integrated communication strategies and tactics that will drive business performance.
- Possess strong business knowledge and have a general understanding of the insurance and or financial services industry.
Four year college degree with an emphasis in Communications, Journalism or Public Relations.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please seethe notice regarding the Los Angeles Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Data Analytics Engineer
Patrick supports the work of his fellow Data Scientists by coding predictive models. He works to create functional Allstate products by making sense of the company's vast amount of customer data.
Back to top