Corporate Relations Associate Manager
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Be passionate. Be a leader. Most importantly – do meaningful work.
We're looking for a communication professional that can take projects and run with them, has a knack for distilling complex info into understandable and engaging messaging, that can strike the right balance between strategic and creative thinking, and that is comfortable working with leaders at all levels. Are you up to the challenge?
In Corporate Relations, we:
We connect our stakeholders to Allstate and to each other, build and protect our brand and help people live a good life every day. We do this by providing our expertise in executive positioning, internal communications, media relations, reputation management, issues and crisis management, thought leadership and advocacy, strategic business counsel, employee engagement and culture, corporate social responsibility and financial communications.
The Part You Play:
The Corporate Relations Manager on the Allstate Brand Distribution (ABD) team provides ongoing communications counsel to the Allstate Independent Agencies (AIA) team, the Allstate Agency Dealer Program (AADP) and trusted advisor team, in addition to other leaders and business areas under Allstate Personal Lines (APL) and Allstate Brand Distribution; manages the implementation of internal and external communication strategies serving as a resource for news media on issues or topics that could impact the Corporation and/or business units; develops and directs communication strategies and initiatives for internal and external clients; and monitors and measures project work.
This role is a unique opportunity to support multiple business units across the APL and ABD organization. As the Corporate Relations Manager you will:
- Serve as the primary business partner for the senior vice president leading AIA and AADP, and partner with his/her leaders and regional teams in order to provide communication direction and counseling.
- Create and manage a strategic communication plan and budget for the AIA and AADP organizations in order to align communications to business objectives and appropriate audiences. This includes ensuring integration of corporate messages into business, department and regional messages in order to ensure consistency in delivery of key messages.
- Partner with the trusted advisor Corporate Relations team to develop new and innovative communication strategies that drive engagement and adoption across the enterprise and within home office.
- Lead work under the broader ABD Corporate Relations team that supports Allstate's reputation and delivers positive business results to our agency force and broader organization; including but not limited to supporting our military and veteran programs, local presence and agency engagement initiatives, integration with life and retirement, and delivering against the ABD executive vice president's strategic plan.
- Proactively manage emerging and existing issues that may have an impact on overall business performance and the image of the Allstate.
- Ensure the integration, consistency of messaging and linkage across Corporate Relations as well as other Allstate areas of responsibility.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties or skills required of personnel so classified.
Advanced Level Skills and Abilities
- Executive communication
- Communication strategy and planning
- Reputation and brand management
- Issues management/crisis communication
- Media relations
- Presentation and verbal communication
- Written communication
- Internal and external communication
Advanced Level Knowledge
- Business acumen (specific to Allstate)
- Financial and insurance acumen (external/industry)
Advanced Level Experience
- 5-7 years' experience in a Corporate Relations/Communications role
- Insurance/financial services business acumen preferred
Bachelor's degree in Communications, Marketing, Journalism or related field preferred, but not required. In Corporate Relations, our backgrounds range from journalism to business, from strategic philanthropy to academia, and from research to education. We are a team of both lifelong communicators, and those who developed their communication skills on the job
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please seethe notice regarding the Los Angeles Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Director Of Technology Strategy
Josh is constantly looking for opportunities for Allstate to use technology and computer software in innovative ways that continue to build on the company’s core strengths.
Back to top