Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Responsible for ensuring Duty of Care by exercising collaborative leadership acting as sole authority, responsible for the safety of aircraft and crew when assigned as Pilot in Command (PIC) until trip is completed in its entirety, or until relieved by another crew member. Responsible for directing, mentoring, and supervising all crewmembers assigned to support an aircraft and trip in their charge. When assigned as Co-Captain (Second in Command - SIC), shares in decision making process as an equally voiced stakeholder to ensure Duty of Care, working collaboratively with the PIC and other team members. Continually endeavors to, and fosters an environment of positive knowledge transfer and supportive development with teammates. Reports to the Director of Aviation & Chief Pilot.
- Vigilant, mitigating safety, security and public relation issues involving aircraft or passengers at all times
- Ensure preflight preparation of the assigned flight including but not limited to determining the airworthiness of aircraft, route planning, permits, customs, noise, fuel, weather, NOTAMS, aircraft performance, airport/runway suitability, flight plan filing, assessing crew member fitness for duty while maintaining one's own, and other requirements as may arise
- Maintain proximity to KPWK being able to be wheels up within 2 hours of Initial call out, when not on a scheduled absence.
- Responsible for communication, in coordination with Operations, with regard to Go / No-Go Decisions, contingency planning, ground transportation, weather and facilitation of any reasonable passenger requests, or any items relevant to ensure safety and a successful trip
- Ensures all embarked passengers have travel documents appropriate to the flight requirements
- Responsible for the crew and aircraft while away from home-base managing any assistance necessary to ensure schedule reliability, while coordinating with operations and/or maintenance including events related to AOG
- Communicates accurate, detailed and timely information regarding aircraft squawks using proper systems and aviation terminology, coordinating with both operations and maintenance to mitigate delay and ensure safety
- Ensures the accuracy of aircraft related expenditures incurred during duty assignment
- Ensures the plane is presentation and passenger ready with an organizationally appropriate level of passenger comfort
- Complete all reports, logs, training and all required disclosures in a timely fashion
- Complete special projects, assignments, and, or fulfil roles as assigned by Director of Aviation/Chief Pilot
- Bachelor's degree - Non- Aviation related and/ or advanced degree a plus.
- 3500 + Hours total time preferred
- FAA Multi-Engine Land Airline Transport Pilot (ATP) Certificate
- Hold at least one fixed wing multi-engine land jet type rating - preferred
- Impeccable safety record
- Pass background checks to including those in accordance to TSA/HS regulations, and must release a copy of his/her FAA Airman Certification Record
- Communicates and operates with 100% transparency and integrity
- Extensive corporate aviation experience at Fortune level with multiengine jet background - preferred
- Builds and maintains collaborative, supportive and trusting relations with crewmembers and other stakeholders.
- Hold and maintain a FAA First Class Medical
- Valid and current US Passport with no restrictions on international travel
- Maintains complete and thorough knowledge of, and act in accordance with all, State, Local, FAA and international aviation regulations as they apply to operations
- Satisfactorily completes assigned Upset Recovery Training
- Expert decision making skills with the ability to build partnerships internally and externally
- Ability support continuous improvements in areas to include, but not limited to, safety, performance and professionalism, working pro-actively within any deployed Safety Management Systems
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, leadership skill and experience
- Working knowledge of MS Office tools
- Maintains a state of duty fitness, and duty readiness at all times when not on Paid Time Off
- Willing to travel and adapt to requirements of what can be a dynamic schedule, to include duty assignments in the early morning, late night, weekends and holidays
Seeking candidates in Chicago Metro or Milwaukee Metro
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary - but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Director Of Technology Strategy
Josh is constantly looking for opportunities for Allstate to use technology and computer software in innovative ways that continue to build on the company’s core strengths.
Back to top