Corporate Development Manager
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Job Family Summary:
The Corporate Development group is focused on identifying growth opportunities and executing strategic transactions. This includes identifying, evaluating, and executing acquisitions, divestitures, and strategic partnerships.
The Corporate Development Manager is an individual contributor who at times will manage and lead a team of analysts as we identify and execute mergers, acquisitions, and form strategic partnerships.
This role will have regular interaction with Senior Managers, Directors and Vice Presidents on key materials related to Senior Management committee analyses as well as Board of Directors presentations.
- Provides thought leadership and direction to identify merger, acquisition, disposition and strategic partnership opportunities
- Lead analyses in support of business unit strategies, provide direction and lead portions of the process
- Identify issues and develop solutions for interdisciplinary teams; lead portions of process to drive results and develop solutions
- Lead valuation approach and models
- Lead due diligence and data room efforts
- Participate in transaction structuring effort with Corporate Development associates, other Allstate associates (legal, accounting, tax), investment bankers, and outside counsel
- Begin to take active role in transaction negotiation
- Facilitate communication between internal groups to achieve alignment
- Develop storyline for creation of Senior Management communications
- Develop relationships with mid-level investment bankers
- At times manage the work of analysts and lead subsets of the team
- Participate in recruiting effort; provide development opportunities for analysts
- 3+ years direct M&A experience gained through employment with major or regional investment bank and/or corporate development group
- Bachelor's degree required, MBA preferred
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills, ability to synthesize complex data
- Advanced modeling skills, with ability to direct others in complex tasks and review work products
- Excellent presentation skills; ability to persuasively present ideas to cross functional teams
- Ability to structure documents to effectively communicate with senior management and other audiences
- Experience with insurance or other financial institutions preferred. Ability to quickly master concepts required
- Ability to manage multiple priorities given aggressive timelines; comfortable performing in a fast paced, dynamic and ambiguous business environment, managing both internal and external resources
- Proven leadership skills with ability to partner with, inspire trust and influence cross functional teams, and direct reports
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please seethe notice regarding the Los Angeles Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Director Of Technology Strategy
Josh is constantly looking for opportunities for Allstate to use technology and computer software in innovative ways that continue to build on the company’s core strengths.
Back to top