Corporate Development Associate Manager
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Job Family Summary:
The Corporate Development group is focused on identifying growth opportunities and executing strategic transactions. This includes identifying, evaluating, and executing acquisitions, divestitures, and strategic partnerships.
The Corporate Development Associate Manager is an individual contributor who supports senior team members as we identify and execute mergers, acquisitions, and form strategic partnerships.
This role will have regular interaction with Managers, Senior Managers, and Directors on key materials related to Senior Management committee analyses as well as Board of Directors presentations.
- Support analytical and research efforts to identify merger, acquisition, disposition and strategic partnership opportunities
- Support business unit strategies analyses
- Work with interdisciplinary teams across the company to drive results and develop solutions
- Lead and develop valuation approach and models
- Lead subsets of due diligence and data room development
- Begin to take a role in deal negotiation; attend negotiation sessions; read and comment on deal documents
- Facilitate communication between internal groups to achieve alignment
- Develop Board and transaction approval committee materials
- Develop working relationships with investment banking deal team
- At times, manage work of analysts and plan subsets of work
- Participate in recruiting effort; provide development opportunities for less experienced employees
- 2+ years direct/indirect M&A experience gained through employment with major or regional investment and/or corporate development team
- Bachelor's degree required
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills, ability to synthesize complex data
- Advanced modeling skills
- Developing ability to present ideas to team
- Experience with the development of Board and Senior Management presentation materials is preferred
- Experience with insurance or other financial institutions preferred. Ability to quickly master concepts required
- Ability to manage multiple priorities given aggressive timelines; comfortable performing in a fast paced, dynamic and ambiguous business environment
- Developing leadership skills with ability to partner with, inspire trust and influence cross functional teams, and direct reports
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please seethe notice regarding the Los Angeles Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Director Of Technology Strategy
Josh is constantly looking for opportunities for Allstate to use technology and computer software in innovative ways that continue to build on the company’s core strengths.
Back to top