Corporate Development Associate Manager
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can’t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You’ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers’ lives. We’ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you’ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Job Family Summary:
The Corporate Development group is focused on identifying growth opportunities and execute strategic transactions. This includes identifying, evaluating, selecting, and executing acquisitions, divestitures, and strategic partnerships.
To contribute as a key member of the Corporate Development team and will report to the Corporate Development Director. This position will be responsible to develop, collaborate and execute key strategies and corporate development activity to achieve desired results in projects.
This role will have regular interaction with Senior Managers, Directors and Senior Vice Presidents on key materials related to Senior Management committee analysis as well as Board of Directors presentations.
- Lead and plan analytic and research support to identify merger, acquisition, disposition and alliance opportunities
- Lead analyses in support of business unit strategies
- Work with interdisciplinary teams across the company to drive results and develop solutions
- Develop valuation approach and models
- Lead subsets of due diligence and data room development
- Lead analytic support for deal structuring
- Begin to take role in deal negotiation; attend negotiation sessions; read and comment on deal documents
- Facilitate communication between internal groups to achieve alignment
- Develop Board and transaction approval committee materials that will include activities of: targeted acquisitions, partnerships and other types of strategic investments
- Develop working relationships with banking deal team
- Manage work of analysts, plan subsets of work
- Participate in recruiting effort; provide development opportunities for less experienced employees
- 2+ years direct/indirect M&A experience gained through employment with major or regional investment or commercial bank and/or corporation
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA preferred
- Strong quantitative and analytic skills. Advance modeling skills, with ability to direct others in complex tasks and review work products. Ability to synthesize complex data.
- Ability to synthesize quantitative work and present ideas to team
- Experience with the development of Board and Senior Manager presentation materials is preferred
- Experience with insurance or other financial institutions preferred. Ability to quickly master concepts required
- Ability to manage multiple priorities given aggressive timelines; comfortable performing in a fast paced, dynamic and ambiguous business environment
- Developing leadership skills with ability to partner with, inspire trust and influence cross functional teams, and direct reports
- CPA, CFA, etc. preferred but not required
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life — including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Data Analytics Engineer
Patrick supports the work of his fellow Data Scientists by coding predictive models. He works to create functional Allstate products by making sense of the company's vast amount of customer data.
Back to top