Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Product Operations Contracts job family works closely with legal, underwriting, project management, and regional partners to develop, analyze, and implement needed contract changes in Allstate's various lines of business. Responsibilities include interfacing with actuaries, lawyers, and regional consultants, several internal customers in areas such as Technology, State Filings, other teams within Product Operations, as well as state Departments of Insurance.
The Contract Analyst II will work with minimal support on projects that include, but are not limited to: compliance and discretionary contract changes, research requests, data calls, system inquiries and other projects that are basic to moderately complex in nature. The Contract Analyst II will continue to build familiarity with and apply knowledge of Allstate insurance contracts and project management processes.
Contract Project Management
- With minimal support, owns and implements basic to moderately complex contract projects, developing business requirements, making contract revisions, and completing other contract-related tasks using acceptable project management tools and processes and adhering to established standards
- With minimal support, contributes as a team member on basic to moderately complex projects that impact multiple disciplines, making contract revisions and completing other contract-related tasks using acceptable project management tools and processes and adhering to established standards
- With minimal support, ensures that proposed contract language adheres to applicable state laws
- With minimal support, contributes to the development of and adheres to project timelines for contract-related milestones
- Communicates project status to internal stakeholders (regional contract consultants), identifying potential project risks as necessary
- Ensures project controls are in place throughout the lifecycle of the project on individually assigned tasks
- With minimal support, reviews technical specifications for basic to moderately complex contract projects and validates output to ensure business requirements have been met
- With minimal support, creates all post-implementation documentation associated with contract projects and ensures that project files are archived appropriately
- Contributes to building strong relationships among teams and team members to ensure cooperation on project objectives
Process and Product Design/Improvement
- Exhibits comfort and familiarity with established procedures and processes
- Exhibits comfort and familiarity with internal and external compliance requirements/standards
- With minimal direction, supports the development and design of new low- to moderately-complex contract changes, plans, programs, processes, and products
- Collaborates in the development of communication plans
Product Management Support
- With minimal support, participates in the integration and delivery of planned contract changes/projects/products to the field
- With minimal direction, supports the development of agency education for projects, providing project documentation and research
Research and Analysis
- Conducts basic insurance contract research and high-level analysis as directed; applies growing knowledge of data sources and applications in research
- Education: Bachelor's Degree required
- Experience: 1-2 years industry experience preferred
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Intermediate organizational and project management skills in order to handle multiple concurrent assignments in a timely manner
- Works effectively in a team environment
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please seethe notice regarding the Los Angeles Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Director Of Technology Strategy
Josh is constantly looking for opportunities for Allstate to use technology and computer software in innovative ways that continue to build on the company’s core strengths.
Back to top