Contact Center Associate
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can’t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You’ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers’ lives. We’ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you’ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Allstate Insurance Company has an excellent opportunity for a Contact Center Associate in Lincoln, NE. In this vital role, you will be responsible for the following duties:
- Put the customer at the center of what you do
- Respond to questions and/or concerns from Allstate agents, customers and home office employees
- Interpret and apply concepts based on company policies and procedures
- Participate in a team environment that handles incoming calls
- Create work requests for our processing partners
- Communicate with associates through the phone, email and work requests
- Research and respond to customer inquiries within service levels
- Work in a collaborative team environment to handle large call volumes
- Maintain confidentiality of customer and agent information
- Successfully complete required training programs
- Shifts are determined on performance during schedule bidding process, or as business needs dictate
- Must be able to work any 8 hour shift between 7:55 am and 7:00 pm Monday through Friday and rotating Saturdays 7:55 am to 4:30pm.
Location: Lincoln, Nebraska (Home Based work opportunities may exist for employees with consistent performance and attendance behaviors)
- *Class start date is April, 3 2017**
Our beautiful Lincoln campus location features:
Onsite Fitness Center
Full Service Cafeteria
Walking Path on Grounds
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to communicate clearly, professionally and empathetically
- Ability to learn and apply knowledge of insurance contracts, procedures and customer service philosophies
- Ability to learn multiple computer systems and other technologies.
- Ability to support a service culture through great quality and efficiency, even when work volume is high
- Requires attention to detail and a sincere commitment to servicing the field force, policy holders, co-workers and other home office personnel
- Ability to empathize with, actively listen to, deal sensitively and professionally with customers and agents
- Excellent intuitive and analytical skills to review cases and determine solutions to requests
- Provide value added services by creating, revising and improving processes to focus on delivering the best customer and producer experience
- Requires excellent organizational and prioritization skills, and the ability to adapt quickly and effectively to shifting priorities, as well as a strong commitment to providing exceptional customer service
- Work independently displaying good judgment and problem solving skills
- Prefer 2+ years of customer service experience.
- High School Diploma/GED
- Prior to interview, requirement of a successfully completed online assessment must be achieved.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life — including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Data Analytics Engineer
Patrick supports the work of his fellow Data Scientists by coding predictive models. He works to create functional Allstate products by making sense of the company's vast amount of customer data.
Back to top