Consumer Product Manager
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Consumer Product Manager
The PSID Innovation team generates value, deepens customer relationships and establishes a competitive advantage for Allstate through differentiation of new products / services that address unmet or emerging consumer needs. The team is responsible for building, testing and managing a pipeline of innovation opportunities that address consumer insights / needs and provide solutions that help make their lives easier. The team also coordinates all phases of new product / service development for non-insurance offerings including research, design, build, test and go-to-market launch execution and run the business
This position leads a cross-functional teams as Allstate looks to diversify its core offerings through the creation of differentiated products and services. The position will own phases of the front end of innovation for projects with medium to high complexity. The role operates in a matrixed, fast-paced and demanding environment; they actively contribute to and occasionally manage the various phases of new product / service development including research, design, test and go-to-market launch execution. This role operates in an undefined, ever evolving space and must be able to drive work forward with minimal oversight.
- Lead the ideation, prototyping, technical development, and launch innovative consumer-centric product features
- Understand Allstate's strategic and competitive position to evolve the product roadmap with product team
- Build consensus on feature prioritization based on consumer needs, consumer and market trends, and competitive landscape assessments
- Translate product vision into discrete, manageable, shippable capabilities to deliver value to the customer as quickly as possible
- Collaborate with a cross functional team of designers, technologists, marketing, customer support to deliver new capabilities to or enhance existing features in market
- Leverage and integrate consumer research, usability studies, and market studies into product requirements to drive consumer delight
- Define, measure, and analyze key product success metrics
- Maximize efficiency in fast-paced, evolving environment and deliver creative solutions
- Bachelor's degree required
- 4-6+ years of consumer-focused Innovation, Product Management, Product Design, Marketing, or related experience
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong facilitation skills and consensus building across all levels of a product organization
- Ability to communicate complex ideas in a clear, concise manner both verbally and in writing regardless of audience – designers, senior business stakeholders, technologists, users, etc.
- Excellent presentation development and delivery skills
- Proven track record of successfully building and shipping innovative products/features to consumer market
- Ability to break the long-term vision down into concrete, manageable, shippable capabilities that deliver user value as quickly as possible
- Fluent in design-thinking principles, ideation workshopping, and user research principles
- Experience in solution architecture, technical design of complex mobile and web applications
- Balance analytical, data-orientation with user insights and strong user experience design sense to drive product decisions to enhance user satisfaction
- Must be able to guide the work of cross functional teams including design, technology, operations, and potentially other areas within Allstate
- Experience in startup environment or other entrepreneurial experience a plus
- Insurance industry sector knowledge a plus
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please seethe notice regarding the Los Angeles Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Director Of Technology Strategy
Josh is constantly looking for opportunities for Allstate to use technology and computer software in innovative ways that continue to build on the company’s core strengths.
Back to top