Compliance Contract Attorney
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Brokerage Compliance Team is responsible for all facets of compliance related to expanded market programs including regulatory, contractual, and operational risk. The Compliance team is accountable for ensuring that robust compliance processes are in place and consistently followed within Ivantage to ensure compliance risk is proactively managed.
The Contract Consultant (Compliance Contract Attorney) will work on projects that include, but are not limited to: compliance and discretionary contract changes, research requests, system inquiries and other projects that are moderately complex in nature. The Contract Consultant is very familiar with Ivantage contracts and project management processes, understands how the contract fits into overall business strategy, and is beginning to build an understanding of regional market, competition and emerging trends.
- Owns, implements, or contributes as a team member on basic to moderately complex contract projects of small to moderate scale, developing business requirements, making contract revisions, and completing other contract-related tasks using acceptable project management tools and processes and adhering to established standards
- Ensures that proposed contract language adheres to applicable state laws and meets stated business goals
- Actively participates in the development of project plans, adhering to timelines for contract-related milestones
- Communicates and presents project status to internal and external stakeholders
- Proactively identifies potential project risks and participates in the development of plans/solutions to mitigate these risks.
- Ensures project controls are in place throughout the lifecycle of the project within own tasks
- Reviews technical specifications for contract projects that are of basic to moderate complexity and validating output to ensure business requirements have been met
- Continually seeks opportunities for learning and development to build insurance contract expertise
- Has a basic understanding of current industry standards/environment to impact decisions and indicate requirements
- With direction, drafts low-complexity contract language in support of business goals
- Works closely with Allstate legal team on all contract language
- Juris Doctorate and member in good standing of state of practicing
- Experience with contracts required
- Understanding of the P&C insurance industry regulatory landscape preferred
- Ability to work with Ivantage attorneys; filling role of the Ivantage "business" contact for all legal matters
- Ability to design or re-engineer business processes
- This is a role that would be ideal for someone fairly junior in their legal career
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please seethe notice regarding the Los Angeles Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Director Of Technology Strategy
Josh is constantly looking for opportunities for Allstate to use technology and computer software in innovative ways that continue to build on the company’s core strengths.
Back to top