Competitive Intelligence for F&I Provider
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Competitive Intelligence family serves as a strategic partner in designing, developing, analyzing, and distributing intelligence on products, market conditions, competitors and customers for short and long-term business goals and results. Individuals in this job family focus on competitor and market intelligence related to next generation insurance solutions, connected consumer, and business applications, and the internet of things.
The Competitive Intelligence Lead Consultant is responsible for tracking the activities of the overall market, specific competitors and providing activity updates, threat and opportunity assessments. This individual supports the development of new plans, programs, processes or products through findings and fact-based interpretations of competitive intelligence with a subject matter focus on competitive intelligence related to F&I products, technologies, and relationships. This position is responsible for coordinating, maintaining, leading, and managing projects and processes and is responsible for providing medium to high complexity analytical and competitive research to primarily support the Allstate Dealer Services (ADS) Leadership team and product managers as well as provide ad hoc projects/consulting support to various other departments within the organization. The Competitive Intelligence Consultant needs to independently, under minimal supervision, manage/perform multiple complex work assignments including problem resolution across systems, processes or channels; and navigates obstacles to deliver the work product. May act as a consultant to lower levels.
Competitive Intelligence Monitoring
- Identify and communicate trends, competitive forces, competitor strategies
- Translate findings into recommendations that inform operational, tactical, innovative and strategic business decisions, and working with the business teams on successful application of the findings and recommendations
- Develop business recommendations based on findings
- Lead the efforts of effective utilization and proactively seeking out primary sources to validate or provide needed insight to secondary research findings
- Identify and collect competitive intelligence pertinent to the decisions made within the ADS subject matter
- Develop and maintain subject matter expertise on specific ADS traditional and non-traditional competitors
- Develop and create deliverables that inform decision-makers about Allstate traditional and non-traditional competitors
- Proactively communicate important competitive information and knowledge, and make interpretations of the strategic implications to Allstate of competitive intelligence as it is gathered and analyzed
Competitive Intelligence Internal and External Network
- Maintain and communicate a high set of competitive intelligence ethical standards, ensuring that all competitive intelligence is gathered from the appropriate sources and employs appropriate collection methodologies
- Acquiring, developing and maintaining market data and market share information that does not currently exist in the industry to help ADS effectively measure market penetration by channel and overall share
- Provide education and facilitate discussion on market trends and hot topics
- Develop, expand and maintain a competitive intelligence network of contacts, both internal to Allstate and External to Allstate
- Drive accessibility of our deliverables to interested areas of the company
- Make recommendations for best use of competitive data
- Share and be an ambassador to Competitive Intelligence best practices
Research and Analysis
- Promote and apply intermediate competitive intelligence analytical methodologies to address industry issues disruptors; proactively identifies issues of concern
- Perform intermediate competitive analysis and the analysis of unstructured problems; may collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify and define the underlying business issue; facilitate the development, design, analysis and execution of the research and analysis
- Conduct research utilizing ADS internal data to build market insights that can be used both internally as well as externally for market/partnership opportunities.
- Apply a proficient level of knowledge in competitive intelligence research, analysis and industry trends
- Effectively identify and frame issues and their implications; assess impacts of recommendations of less experienced analysts; develop an intermediate level of analytical recommendations
- Assemble typical research data and findings for others to interpret into business strategies; may present findings to various levels of leadership
- Research, identify and implement industry best practices and trends to increase effectiveness
Integration and Execution
- Focused on competitor ADS products, technologies, and relationships, CI work will include fact gathering resulting in insights and possible implications to Allstate as well as create an actionable strategy for the business.
- As a key contributor, critical to the achievement of team/organization goals, serve as a mentor and provide guidance to peers and less experienced team members in the development and delivery of their work products
- Develop business recommendations, present and communicate findings to various levels of management
- Research and business recommendations should be focused on improving customer experience or developing new products
- Acquire, maintain and apply advanced knowledge of the business, its products and processes, and advanced knowledge of competitive intelligence research and analytic methodologies
- Coordinate and manage competitive intelligence projects and processes
- Bachelor's degree required or equivalent experience
- Experience: 5+ years of experience with advanced experience in research and analysis and competitive analysis/intelligence
- Advanced project/process management and development
- Intermediate knowledge in using analytic tools such as Tableau and Microsoft Excel
- Intermediate knowledge of synthesis and storytelling as it relates to key competitive insights
- Intermediate critical thinking/analysis and ability to identify trends
- Intermediate knowledge of relevant industry techniques (i.e. SWOT, scenario planning, etc)
- Intermediate knowledge of P&C Pricing, Product and Underwriting
- Intermediate ability to analyze information and synthesize it for broad consumption
- Intermediate experience managing work of others
- Intermediate communication skills; both oral and written
- Ability to manage multiple projects with tight deadlines effectively
- Proficient at working with competitive intelligence end-users to understand their needs and perspectives
- Proven ability to effectively network and communicate with different types and levels of staff and external contacts, both in writing and verbally
- Effective presentation skills, including the ability to tailor communications to different audiences
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- F&I product, dealership and automotive industry knowledge and experience is a plus.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary - but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Back to top