Communications - Sr Cons
Build your career. It’s all right here.
We are a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life. Employees can be a force for good only when they are working at the top of their ability, learning new skills and challenging themselves with new responsibilities. Allstate’s Enterprise Talent Market was developed with that in mind, to help you reach your full potential.
The person assigned to this role will support the Allstate Technology & Strategic Ventures Officer team in addressing their strategic business needs. This role will report into an Associate Communications Manager and will focus on the below responsibilities:
Develops strategic communications plans and tactics
• Leads brainstorming sessions regarding root cause analysis of business issues and/or opportunities that lead to the development of Strategic Communications Plans.
• Applies functional knowledge and business client specific knowledge to assist with the creation and execution of strategic communications plans.
• Leads moderately complex specific plan segments with consultations from others.
• Develops initiative-based strategies and tactics for communications that are highly integrated with a full-blown strategic communications plan.
• Leads rigorous process and/or service improvement programs.
• Markets new programs and initiatives, builds consensus among sophisticated decision makers.
Develops client communications content
• Assumes responsibility for content outlines for complex items and those pieces that are standard-setting for broad initiatives or that require solutions that are more imaginative and thorough. Leads the preparation of publication materials, employee communications, newsletters, and informational materials for internal or external audiences.
• Coaches and probes business clients to extract data that needs to be communicated, with general coaching and guidance on complex items. Demonstrates an increased understanding of what questions to ask to pull out the content that needs to be communicated. Identifies/generates communication solutions and topic ideas to address client needs.
• Breaks down complex information in a systematic and communicable manner. Writes, edits and reviews own and others communication content.
• Brings forth advanced expertise and knowledge of the business, processes, etc. to suggests shifts in strategic direction.
Manages content review for communications materials
• Primary approver of content for content within scope of work.
• Requestor of approvals when involving more strategic connections.
Coordinates and executes client communications meetings and events
• Leads and/or executes basic to complex client communications/recognition meetings and events across AORs from start to finish.
Develops and maintains effective partnerships
• Builds effective relationships within and across the team as well as with clients. Develops and coordinates lines of communication and networks within the organization among employees.
• Creates and accesses channels to get and to disseminate information.
• Serves as a key team contact and mentors others on more strategically involved tasks
• Mentors others communication professional on simple to moderate tasks
• Provides internal professional and technical leadership
• Assumes responsibility for quality of service and advice in meeting customer and business partner needs
Provides strategic communications consulting and coaching to key clients
• Escalates matters of risk with parties internal and external to the team (HR, CR, legal, etc.).
• Gains support for difficult decisions / solutions.
• Enlists commitment by involving the right parties as all stages of the process.
• Influences others to achieve results and bring team unity.
• Analyzes problems by breaking down complex information in a systematic and communicable manner.
• Questions and considers implications of decisions and recommendations.
Identifies communications measures and metrics to ensure desired outcomes and alignment to business goals
• Uses metrics to recommend significant shifts in strategic plans to others.
• Provides in-depth analysis of metrics.
Bachelors degree or above required
3-5 years combined internship or work experience in progressive communications role; past senior executive communications consulting required
General knowledge of Microsoft suite; advanced knowledge of PowerPoint and Word
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
Allstate is where good people can build a rewarding career and we provide the resources you need to succeed, both personally and professionally. Our culture and employee programs have also drawn praise from outside organizations like Working Mother magazine, LATINA Style and Black Enterprise. Learn more about the resources, benefits, and programs Allstate has to offer you under the MyWorkLife tab on MyDesktop.
Please note, to be fully considered for this opportunity you must attach an updated resume to your profile when you apply, and if applicable, include:
- Your updated Allstate position(s) and titles, specific experiences and skills developed
- Committee/subgroup work
- Talent Share opportunities
- Completed programs/coursework
Visit "Managing Your Career" located under MyWorkLife (via MyDesktop) to further enhance your career profile and development goals.
Back to top