Communications Lead- Allstate Business Insurance
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
- Researches, analyzes, and recommends Commercial communication activities that will support ABI growth initiatives
- Contributes to the development of branding and marketing materials to promote Small Business products and services through production of the following: newsletters, website content, brochures, flyers, letters, and other Campaign materials
- Creates and implements a Communication plan for complex strategies and processes
- Develops implementation timelines and physical resource needs for Marketing and Field Sales
- Establishes and maintains relationships with outside vendors
- Communicates successes across boundaries, such as publishing sales success stories, and prospecting and selling best practices
- Develops and recommends key messages for Commercial Field Sales to communicate to agencies
- Influences and educates agencies by preparing and communicating key messages for publication in newsletters and on the website
- Controls communication expenses; participates in the annual expense planning process; evaluates spend categories to determines priorities and parameters (including sponsorships and other name recognition opportunities)
- Obtains feedback on customer needs to determine the scope of communication, messaging and creative projects; measures impact of communications through the use of surveys and on-line feedback
- Develops benchmark standards for communication and recommends the best practices
- Develops communication materials to increase cross-line sales and improve retention and measure results
- Responsible for partnering with Corporate Relations to ensure Small Business communications are effectively communicated both internally and externally
- Three years of experience developing internal communication strategies that build employee/agency engagement.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience preparing presentations incorporating key messages. Effective presentation skills and persuasion skills.
- Knowledge and experience writing in Associated Press writing style
- Ability to incorporate key messages and prepare documents which demonstrate knowledge of the audience and subject matter
- Knowledge and experience with an e-mail relationship building tool (preferably Constant Contact) and / or website content management Experience assisting in the execution of PSR strategies and messaging
- Video and imaging software skills are a plus
- Experience integrating social media in to communication planning experience
- Proven track record in achieving media results in all channels
- Education: Bachelor's degree with an emphasis in English, Communications, Public Relations, or Journalism preferred. A Master's degree is a plus
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please seethe notice regarding the Los Angeles Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Data Analytics Engineer
Patrick supports the work of his fellow Data Scientists by coding predictive models. He works to create functional Allstate products by making sense of the company's vast amount of customer data.
Back to top