Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can’t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You’ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers’ lives. We’ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you’ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Allstate Insurance Company has an excellent career opportunity for a Communications Consultant in Lincoln, NE!
- Participates and contributes on projects for the broker-dealer and ALR Distribution
- Creates project tasks, measures and tracks timelines
- Tracks plan performance and project plan or timeline & holds self and others accountable
- Communicates and presents project status
- Actively builds strong relationships among teams and team members to ensure cooperation on project objectives
- Compiles statistical data as it relates to programs, projects and processes
- Solicits opinions from appropriate stakeholders; creates communication plan, obtains stakeholder sign-off ; executes communication on behalf of stakeholders.
- Follow regulatory requirements in regards to New Accounts paperwork and other miscellaneous forms for Registration, Suitability and Compliance areas
- Participate in discussion concerning evaluation of paperwork and changes that may improve usability and function
- Archival of all paperwork
- Attain proper approvals from leadership, BD departments, tax, legal, compliance and state as necessary
- Creation and maintenance of interactive PDFs on various topics relating to the broker-dealer and ALR Distribution; Ability to coordinate content with various groups and provide direction for the best user experience
Program & Process Design / Improvement
- Supports the development/design of new plans, programs, and processes at a basic level up to moderate complexity
- Participates in the evaluation of procedures and processes
- Understands internal and external compliance requirements/standards
- Participates in the integration and delivery of planned changes/projects/processes to other regional/Home Office departments
- Anticipates possible issues and works with leadership team to mitigate risks
- Presents facts and information to leadership team
Program & Process Communications
- Composes correspondence and articles for a variety of communication vehicles to a target audience that includes Home Office, Field Leadership, EFSs, agents and support staff
- Edits and proofreads materials for accuracy in content as well as spelling, punctuation, and grammar
- Provides readership statistics as requested
- Updates distribution lists on a routine basis
- Notifies individuals of and monitors the cutoff/due dates for the completion and submission of materials
- Writes, updates brochures, booklets, manuals, instructions, bulletins, forms and webpages
- Attends meetings to provide routine information (employee information, department reviews)
- Creates and presents material as needed
- Answers inquiries
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Communication, Graphic Design, or Journalism (or related field) required
- FINRA Series 6 preferred or the ability to acquire in 90 days.
- Fluency in Adobe Creative Suite including InDesign, Photoshop and Dreamweaver as well as Adobe Acrobat Pro
- Ability to learn Content Management Systems in order to upload documents and create/maintain internal webpages
- Ability to handle multiple demands and shift priorities as necessary within a highly paced environment
- 2-4 years experience working with Adobe Creative Suite required,
- Previous communications experience preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Strong communication and beginner project management skills required
- Candidates with Broker Dealer background in addition to knowledge of graphic design are especially desirable
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life — including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Data Analytics Engineer
Patrick supports the work of his fellow Data Scientists by coding predictive models. He works to create functional Allstate products by making sense of the company's vast amount of customer data.
Back to top