Communication Insights Lead Consultant
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Be passionate. Be a leader. Most importantly - do meaningful work.
We're looking for a communications measurement expert who is creative and analytical. An ideal candidate has experience building measurement frameworks and finding insights to drive stakeholder awareness and advocacy. If you can translate complex information into understandable and engaging messaging, develop projects to their full potential and confidently work with leaders at all levels, this role may be for you.
Corporate Relations builds and protects Allstate's brand reputation. We drive awareness and action among stakeholders by telling Allstate's story and building a shared belief in Allstate as an innovative, customer-centric and caring company. We are creative, passionate and strategic individuals who work together to achieve our goals. We are research-based, outcomes-driven and business-focused, with a dedication to professional development at all levels.
The Communication Insights Consultant will measure and analyze Corporate Relations' communication strategies and engagement initiatives. This role will be responsible for monitoring our corporate reputation and internal and external communications - including earned media. It also includes providing strategic counsel to partners and building an integrated communications measurement framework.
- Data Collection and Analysis: Use internal and external resources to measure the impact of our communications on brand reputation. Provide actionable insights about Allstate's key audiences - consumers, customers, employees, the agency force, investors, opinion leaders and policymakers - to help develop stakeholder plans and communication strategies.
- PR/Media Relations Measurement and Support: Support external communications and public relations by measuring program effectiveness. Monitor for scenarios that may negatively impact Allstate's reputation, working with the Issues Team on assessment and measurement.
- Data Driven Decision-Making: Lead the adoption of using data to make strategic recommendations. Seek and share research on priority issues related to corporate reputation, social impact programs and business innovation.
- Strategic Communication Counsel for Business Leaders: Provide strategic communication counsel to senior business leaders, translating insights into recommendations to support stakeholder engagement and to build and protect Allstate's reputation. Use interpersonal influence to build relationships and provide effective counsel.
Key Responsibilities (continued)
- Champion of Culture: Support the implementation of communication plans and tactics to create an inclusive, empowering and purpose-driven culture aligned Allstate's corporate strategy and narrative. Model behaviors to encourage others through times of change.
- Talent Development: Serve as a peer leader across the team and department.
- Resource Allocation and Budget Management: Support development of project and program budgets and manage forecasts monthly in support of Corporate Relations goals. As needed, manage external/vendor relationships according to department expectations and corporate policies.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree required, preferably in communications, marketing, journalism or related fields.
- 5-7 or more years of experience in corporate communication or public relations preferred, with emphasis in measurement and insights; strong knowledge of digital/social media platforms to drive earned media; insurance or financial services business acumen a plus.
- Reputation and Brand Management: Understanding of reputation and brand management. Confidence in recommending, developing and incorporating strategies that will protect and build the brand's reputation with multiple stakeholders.
- Strategic Communication Planning and Strategic Counsel: Expertise in using data and analytics to develop, execute and measure the effectiveness of integrated communication plans that move stakeholders from awareness to advocacy and action. Experience providing strategic communication counsel, including ability to listen for understanding, and influencing business leaders, external partners and vendors.
Job Qualifications (continued)
- Strong Communication and Interpersonal Skills: Understanding of stakeholders and how to communicate effectively through written, multimedia, digital and in-person communication. Exceptional attention to detail in writing and creating of data visualizations. Aptitude for organizing and communicating complex information.
- Business Acumen: Knowledge of the insurance and financial services industry. Knowledge of global and macroeconomic trends. Understanding of Allstate's business and our varied distribution channels a plus.
- Critical Thinking and Change Agility: Analytical thinking, problem-solving capabilities, including the ability to help identify the root causes and key obstacles behind issues or needs, consider stakeholder reactions and offer communication solutions. Effectively support self and others through change, demonstrating flexibility and confidence amid ambiguity.
- Project Management: Proficient in creating and managing work plans to organize project into tasks, sequencing activities for maximum efficiency, estimating and managing time and budget required to complete tasks. Identify issues and adapt plan as needed while remaining committed to project deadlines and timelines. Experience leading/co-leading project teams.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary - but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the "EEO is the Law" poster click "here". This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click "here". This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company's policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee's ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.
Back to top