Communication and Strategy Expert - Life Underwriting
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can’t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You’ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers’ lives. We’ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you’ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Job Family Summary
Design and develop the strategies necessary to ensure Life Underwriting & Claims is best able to drive the agency value proposition, enable the customer value proposition and provide maximum value to agency owners as small business owners. Additionally, provide support to the planning and execution of those strategies.
The Administrative and Strategy Expert provides supports to Life Underwriting & Claims officer and senior staff to help align and drive the strategic priorities of the business. Develops and delivers capabilities in communication, change management and continuous improvement execution to keep the organization focused on enabling the trusted advisor model, delivering on the customer value proposition, and engaging employees in that mission.
- Serves as an active member of the Life Underwriting & Claims senior leadership team, providing strategic counsel for key business initiatives, finding integration points across the organization, within and outside of ALR
- Develops internal and external presentations, documents and artifacts needed to articulate organizational progress, opportunities and recommendations, and alignment to organizational strategies, facilitating executive decision making
- Leads employee engagement strategies designed to improve employee satisfaction and overall retention
- Partners with teams like Quantitative Research & Analytics, Customer Experience, Corporate Relations and Operations Support to identify opportunities for proactively improving the customer and agency experience, leveraging research and survey feedback
- Collects and prepares information necessary to facilitate Tier 4 Continuous Improvement Huddles; may facilitate at times
- Partners with Life Underwriting & Claims senior leaders to achieve alignment of business initiatives and human capital planning activities across the AOR and across call centers
- Serves as liaison with Corporate Relations to ensure communication and messaging is aligned
- Serves as a thought leader in change management and driving strategy through the organization
- Helps interpret Allstate’s strategic vision into team priorities and actions
- Assumes responsibility for ad hoc projects as needed
- Identifies and drives the implementation of actions, policies or procedures within Life Underwriting & Claims that support business strategies
- 7+ years of experience in communication and strategy development
- College Degree or equivalent work experience
- Solid knowledge of insurance service operations and delivery
- Possesses the leadership skills necessary to influence others; can build consensus among a diverse set of opinions and backgrounds
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to think conceptually, analytically and creatively
- Ability to analyze, develop, and implement business processes
- Strategic communication planning skills to include competitive analysis/market research, setting objectives, developing measurement and analysis, identifying issues and risks, and change management
- Ability to prepare professional presentations
- Strong organizational and administrative skills
- Project management and organization – Engages resources (people, material, support) to get things done; orchestrates multiple activities to accomplish a goal; uses resources effectively and efficiently
- Ability to leverage data and other sources of information to offer insights and help drive business results
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of products
- Up to 10% travel may be required
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life — including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Data Analytics Engineer
Patrick supports the work of his fellow Data Scientists by coding predictive models. He works to create functional Allstate products by making sense of the company's vast amount of customer data.
Back to top