Commercial Product Line-Sr Manager
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Product Multi-Line Senior Manager supports profit and growth targets for Allstate Business Insurance, including responsibilities for one or more Lines of Business (Auto, Business Owners, Package, Umbrella, Workers Comp, etc.). This individual provides assistance in developing and executing integrated strategies and coaching others to achieve desired growth and profit goals; drawing upon expertise in product, pricing, risk management and knowledge of the business to achieve business goals. This position will lead teams and develop products, services or recommendations to support the overall health of the line and effectively act as a liaison, collaborating with departments and businesses that have ownership of executing the implementation of products, services or processes.
Develops Line Strategies and Plans
- Support in the development of short and long-term strategies to achieve market share growth and profitability targets on a countrywide basis
- Ensure an effective strategy is developed and implemented for the integration and execution of product, pricing and risk management for countrywide usage
- Contribute to and/or lead innovative strategies which may include new distribution channel initiatives, best practices and new products and services
- Provide forward thinking analysis to gain competitive advantage from a countrywide view
- Lead Rules Management function
- Builds Industry Specialization
- Design and support innovations in all aspects of the product development lifecycle
- Support the Line Management Director and other leaders in providing input and feedback on various critical projects impacting stakeholders
- Liaise with other AORs to provide product input, as well as assists/leads the execution that involves the product
- Determine operational parameters to get new products/projects implemented
- Responsible for seeking out resolutions to product barriers
- Utilize analysis of the industry from internal and external sources(competitive analysis, demographics, emerging issues) to formulate strategic recommendations on countrywide pricing, product or risk management
Leads Integration and Execution
- Focus Dynamic Team of Analyst across LOB priorities
- Keep informed of Market trends; able to define table stake and game-changing practices to obtain and issue Commercial Business
- Work directly with stakeholders and cross functional AORs including marketing, sales and field product organization to align on strategies and execution methods
- Lead and ensure coordinated efforts across the organization to facilitate the implementation of initiatives
- Provide thought leadership and recommendations to leaders regarding initiatives and strategic fit
- Coordinate and collaborate with MOC leaders to ensure implementation success
- Manage activities to ensure appropriate development, and execution of products
- Measure and communicate results; make recommendations to leaders on redirection opportunities of efforts
- Manage countrywide product and or process changes
- Present business cases and influence others to take recommended actions on proposed countrywide strategies or results
- Sponsor and/or provide stewardship on initiatives that can be consumed by MOCs or other AORS
- Lead and direct the analysis necessary to achieve line goals
- Education: Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Experience: 3+ years Product Manager, management experience, systems implementation of rates and rules
- Advanced Commercial product, price, underwriting and insurance regulation knowledge, with working knowledge of personal lines rate plans and product offerings
- Demonstrate and foster a sense of urgency, strong commitment and accountability while supporting sound business decisions and achieving goals
- An advanced knowledge about business in general and, multi-dimensional knowledge of industry and company economics;
- Develop and/or revise business tactics to support changing business strategies and direction;
- Analyze and interpret complex concepts; Ability to solve complex problems
- Leads and collaborates across boundaries to implement decisions and / or initiatives in an integrated manner
- Measure, evaluate, and act on results (financial and operational);
- Execute on a wide range of defined complex situations with minimal guidance
- Consistently achieves superior results
- Strong communication skills combined with the ability to influence others
- Strong people and thought leadership; Ability to develop, mentor and coach others
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please seethe notice regarding the Los Angeles Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Data Analytics Engineer
Patrick supports the work of his fellow Data Scientists by coding predictive models. He works to create functional Allstate products by making sense of the company's vast amount of customer data.
Back to top