Commercial Product Line Director
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Product Package Director is responsible for achieving profit and growth targets for ABI lines of business. Develop integrated strategies to address the complex needs of a business owner (Auto, Businessowners' Policy, Commercial Package Policy, Umbrella, Excess, Inland Marine, Professional Liability, Workers' Comp.) drawing upon expertise in product, pricing, risk management and knowledge of the business.
Develops Strategy and Ensures Execution of National Strategies and Plans
- Leads ABI in developing short and long-term strategies to achieve market share growth and profitability targets for BOP and Package Lines
- Ensures an effective strategy is developed and implemented for the integration and execution of product, pricing and risk management strategy for ABI Property and Liability Lines
- Prioritizes potential changes using sound financial and economic reasoning
- Analyzes major competitor's rating plans, products, and risk management policies and adjust business strategies accordingly
- Remains in touch with market trends affecting assigned lines of insurance
- Supports State Management in developing relationships with regulators/legislators and develops strategy to positively impact the business environment
- Partners with Auto Director in appetite direction
- Partners with Distribution Leaders to prioritize opportunities
- Frames system automation and UW review objectives
Research and Analysis
- Evaluates the appropriateness of advanced actuarial formulae (if applicable)
- Responsible for compliance with current industry standards/environment that impact decisions and indicates requirements
- Serves as a subject matter expert and can consult on complex issues within their discipline(s) from both an internal and external perspective
- Breadth of knowledge and understanding of the commercial marketplace, which includes small, medium and large market segments, regulatory complexity and Probable Maximum Loss (PML) complexity.
- Extensive product, price, underwriting and insurance regulation knowledge, with advanced knowledge of personal lines rate plans and product offerings;
- Demonstrated ability to apply risk management concepts within multiple distribution channels;
- An advanced knowledge about business in general and seasoned, in-depth, multi-dimensional knowledge of industry and company economics;
- Proven ability to develop and/or revise business tactics to support changing business strategies and direction
- Ability to analyze and interpret complex concepts; Ability to solve complex problems
- Leads and collaborates across boundaries to implement decisions and/or initiatives in an integrated manner
- Ability to measure, evaluate, and act on results (financial and operational);
- Ability to develop strategies and implement (Underwriting, Pricing, and Product) programs for assigned states
- Ability to concentrate on a wide range of loosely defined complex situations, which require application of creativity and originality, where guidance and counsel may be unavailable.
- Consistently achieves superior results
- Strong communication skills combined with the ability to influence others
- Strong people and thought leadership; Ability to develop, mentor and coach others
- Minimum 5+ years of Commercial Line Product experience, managing $1B+ book
- Bachelors Degree require
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please seethe notice regarding the Los Angeles Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Data Analytics Engineer
Patrick supports the work of his fellow Data Scientists by coding predictive models. He works to create functional Allstate products by making sense of the company's vast amount of customer data.
Back to top