Commercial & Med Central Claims Field Director
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Commercial and Med Central Claim Field Director (CFD) is responsible for directing the operations and claim activities of countrywide Commercial claims operations including business owner and ridesharing claims (i.e. Uber). The Med Central business unit handles medical and PIP claims countrywide excluding NY, NJ, MI, FL. The individual contributes to the achievement of profit and loss (P&L) and has overall accountability for loss cost and expense management, customer experience outcomes, and compliance.
- Ensures and enables staff to maintain a connection with the customer by understanding and meeting their needs; serves the customer with empathy; and follows up to ensure that customer needs have been met
- Manages and resolves escalated customer communications, concerns, conflicts or issues
- Reviews customer satisfaction results; develops and directs business unit action plans
- Creates strategies and/or solutions that enhance the ability to deliver service to customers
Strategic and Operational Management
- Create and drive the future strategy of the business units
- Directs the analysis, reporting, and forecasting of loss cost severity and claims expense management
- Maximizes innovation and continuous improvement of claims customer experience
- Collaborates with Home Office and Senior Regional Field Leaders (Field VP, Controller, Product Manager, Marketing, Human Resources and Sales Leaders) to manage growth and profitability and identify strategic opportunities for cross-functional improvement
- Collaborates with CE and Agency Sales to leverage and grow claims agency relationships and coordination of national level programs
- Directs and oversees strategic planning for the region in alignment with long-term corporate objectives
- Manages vendor relationship and vendor application strategy
- Directs best practice analysis and process improvement research and development to test and apply technology techniques and trends applicable to claims disciplines
- Monitors overall compliance with established claim policies, practices, and procedures and motivates employees to superior process compliance and performance through personal direction and leadership
- Collaborates with area managers and leaders to identify trends and directs the implementation of solutions and opportunities for improvement to achieve key results
- Provides feedback and insight to Senior Leadership on significant trends, issues or opportunities
- Maintains a proper balance of employees to achieve business results and resource continuity; identifies employees and managers for succession planning and leadership development; and develops opportunities for cross-functional and leadership opportunities
- Supports maximum professional development, personal contribution, and superior performance of employees
- Executes performance management, education strategy, and deployment plans for business unit's employees
- Creates a productive and supportive work environment of highly engaged employees who create highly satisfied customers
- Ensures understanding of business objectives, results, processes, etc. with their direct reports
- Implements strategic change through managers
- Manages staff and effectively uses performance management to improve and/or reward employee performance
- Monitors staffing levels and workloads
- Effectively coaches and provides development/career guidance for direct reports
- Administers company Human Resources policies
- Bachelors degree in related field preferred or equivalent experience
- Commercial claims experience preferred
- Ability to interact effectively, and coach others on interacting effectively, with internal or external customers and act with empathy
- Applies highly advanced knowledge of insurance policy, coverage, and regulation
- Applies advanced knowledge of claim processes, policies, procedures, claim systems, coverage, liability, damage estimating, and/or settlement, and adherence to applicable legal compliance standards
- Applies advanced industry knowledge to discipline practices, including best practices, to support the business unit
- Applies advanced knowledge of analytical procedures to reconcile, manipulate, and recognize patterns of data
- Applies highly advanced knowledge of problem solving and preparation of complex reports for analysis
- Applies highly advanced ability to leverage learned technical skills in support of team objectives
- Applies highly advanced negotiation and/or arbitration skills
- Applies highly advanced conflict management and problem resolution skills in managing internal and external customer relationships
- Applies highly advanced problem solving skills to continuously improve business outcomes
- Ability to assist leadership in achieving business unit objectives
- Applies highly advanced knowledge of training facilitation and coaching skills
- Ability to investigate, evaluate and settle highly complex claims
- Provides highly advanced individual decision making within authority limits
- Works within highly complex assignments requiring specialized knowledge in breadth and/or depth in area of expertise
- Has and maintains all appropriate licenses and registrations for the role per state requirements
- Applies advanced skill in motivation, organization, training, coaching and facilitation of teamwork
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary - but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Director Of Technology Strategy
Josh is constantly looking for opportunities for Allstate to use technology and computer software in innovative ways that continue to build on the company’s core strengths.
Back to top