Cloud Security Engineer - Entry Level (Irving, TX)
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Allstate Technology & Strategic Ventures (ATSV) team is embarking on a journey to move Application computing to leverage various Cloud provider services.
Within Allstate Information Security, Cloud Security Engineers are tasked to develop a Security Framework, establish Cloud Governance standards, and educate Business/Technology teams around public cloud usage.
As a Cloud Security Engineer, you will assist in designing and building cloud security solutions that will balance the need for speed and flexibility of cloud infrastructure and IaaS/PaaS/SaaS applications with the need to protect Allstate against ongoing and potential security threats. This role needs to have an aptitude to understand new security strategies and the tenacity to get the job done.
- Understand software installations, systems monitoring and troubleshooting, account management, and overall efforts to minimize system downtime.
- Understand system security vulnerabilities and associated threats, and assess the overall security risks to the system.
- Understand DevOps ideologies with the ability to drive and communicate change supporting DevOps/SecOps methodology within the organization.
- Perform basic system vulnerability scanning using approved software tools and ability to automate.
- You will assist with cloud security engineering conversations for our enterprise IT and Business IT teams in regards to IaaS/ PaaS and SaaS implementations.
- You will be an active member of Design & Build IT projects, steering cloud configurations and services towards industry-leading security practices with your domain expertise.
- Provide assistance to senior engineers to implement new cloud security tools to feed our DevOps/SecOps processes to ensure the solvency of cloud compute resources.
- Work alongside senior engineers as interface to governance, compliance, and risk management teams to ensure the system consistently meets the requirements for certification and accreditation.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Information Systems Management, Information Technology or other related discipline.
- Academic experience in IT application knowledge or (preferred) security field
- Must have a solid understanding of Agile, software development practices & Cloud concepts
- Understanding of Continuous Integration/Testing/Delivery
- Basic understanding of high-availability (HA) and failover implementations for network infrastructure and server systems
- Good Scripting knowledge (preferably Python)
- Ability to work with minimal direction on a variety of, and sometimes ambiguous, requirement
- Continuous learner with interest/ability to upgrade skills
- Excellent oral/written presentation skills
- Target Start Date May/June 2018
Benefits and Perks
- Pension plan plus 401K
- Career path/succession planning
- Mentoring programs
- Tuition reimbursement
- Generous paid time off (with option to purchase additional days)
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Health and wellness benefits, including: nutrition/weight management, smoking cessation program, stress management, lifestyle coaching, financial resources, healthy choice/subsidized meals at corporate cafeterias, on-site fitness center / doctor / pharmacy / massages
- Corporate discount programs (insurance, automotive, childcare, mobile phone plans, fitness centers, retail)
- On-site services: convenience store, doctor, pharmacy
- Employee Resource Groups including Allstate Women's Information Network (AWIN), Professional Latino Allstate Network (PLAN), Allstate Asian American Network (3AN), Allstate Network of Gay and Lesbian Employees and Supporters (ANGLES), African American Working Network (AAWN), Young Professional Organization (YPO), Parents Working Together (PWT), Allstate Adoption Network (AAN) and Allstate Veterans Engagement Team and Supporters (AVETS)
Work Life at Allstate
At Allstate, we inspire a working culture that encourages teamwork and collaboration. With the flexibility in work schedules, we value work life balance. We thrive on developing our employee's professional growth with the different opportunities to rotate into and learn new things, along with new technology.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please seethe notice regarding the Los Angeles Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Director Of Technology Strategy
Josh is constantly looking for opportunities for Allstate to use technology and computer software in innovative ways that continue to build on the company’s core strengths.
Back to top