Cloud Security Engineer
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
We are open to applicants in the following markets to work from our local offices: Phoenix, AZ; Dallas/Fort Worth, TX; Charlotte, NC. Strong qualified individuals in other US geographic markets will also be given consideration as potential home-based professionals.
The Cloud Security Engineer Lead Consultant designs and builds Cloud security solutions that will balance the need for speed and flexibility of cloud infrastructure and IaaS/PaaS/SaaS applications, with the need to protect Allstate against ongoing and potential security threats. This role requires the ability to synthesize radical ideas and the aptitude to define new security strategies in a global environment.
- Drive cloud security engineering conversations for our enterprise IT and business IT teams in IaaS/PaaS/SaaS implementations. Actively assess existing Cloud implementations, identifying security issues and prioritizing fixes.
- Participate as an active member of Design & Build IT projects, steering Cloud configurations and services towards industry-leading security practices within domain expertise.
- Engineer and implement new Cloud security tools to feed our DevOps/SecOps processes to ensure the solvency of Cloud computing resources. Thoroughly understand DevOps ideologies with the ability to drive and communicate change supporting DevOps/SecOps methodology within the organization.
- Provide daily, ongoing security oversight of SecOps operations, to include the security impact of proposed modifications, additions, and technology implementation/refresh operations. Understand system security vulnerabilities and associated threats, and assess the overall security risks to the system.
- Evaluate and respond to alerts and events from the security tools, including tuning of tool configuration to minimize false positives. Develop event response documentation and processes for Security Operations Center to follow and appropriate escalation protocol.
- Serve as the primary interface to governance, compliance, and risk management teams to ensure the system consistently meets the requirements for certification and accreditation. Work with the Cloud Operations teams in the definition and implementation of security standards and best practices. Work with Senior Technical resources for mitigation recommendations to reduce identified security risks.
- Perform system vulnerability scanning using approved software tools and ability to automate. Thoroughly understand software installations, systems monitoring and troubleshooting, account management, and overall efforts to minimize system downtime.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- 5 or more years of related experience preferred
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- AWS Certified DevOps Engineer - Professional Preferred
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Professional Preferred
- Experience with configuration management tools (Salt, Puppet, Chef, or Ansibl)
- Advanced experience with public Cloud platforms (AWS, Azure); good understanding of SOC, Cloud operations, security, automation, and orchestration
- Experience with Linux/UNIX Windows servers, MS SQL, Oracle MySQL, MongoDB
- Experience understanding protocols, such as, SSL/TLS, CIFS, HTTP/S, DHCP, SMTP, LDAP/S, NFS, SNMP and DNS
- Experience in networking concepts and services, such as, VPNs, IPsec, PKI and TCP/IP; familiar with high-availability (HA) and failover implementations for network infrastructure and server systems
- Experience deploying and maintaining systems and applications within a secure, regulated environment; knowledge to design and implement security tests in accordance with stated criteria
- DevOps and scripting skills in at least one language (other than Bash), ideally Python
- Possess clear understanding of security protocols and standards and have experience with software and security architectures; experience working with Cloud security and governance tools and server virtualization technologies
- Demonstrate an ability to bridge technology knowledge gaps between IT staff and corporate staff such as Legal, Compliance and Audit organizations
- Organized, responsive and highly thorough problem solver; strong communication skills
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary - but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the "EEO is the Law" poster click "here". This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click "here". This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company's policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee's ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.
Back to top