Cloud Security Engineer
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
As a Senior Cloud Security Engineer, you'll design and build cloud security solutions that will balance the need for speed and flexibility of cloud infrastructure and IaaS/PaaS/SaaS applications with the need to protect Allstate against ongoing and potential security threats. This critical role requires the ability to synthesize radical ideas, the aptitude to define new security strategies and the tenacity to get the job done — Globally.
- You will drive cloud security engineering for our enterprise IT and Business IT teams in both IaaS/ PaaS and SaaS implementations.
- You will be an active member of Design & Build IT projects, steering cloud configurations and services towards industry-leading security with your domain expertise.
- You will actively assess existing cloud implementations, identifying security issues and prioritizing fixes.
- You will engineer and implement new cloud security tools to feed our DevOps/SecOps processes to ensure the solvency of cloud compute resources.
- Provide daily, ongoing security oversight of SecOps operations, to include the security impact of proposed modifications, additions, and technology implementation/refresh operations.
- Understand system security vulnerabilities and associated threats, and assess the overall security risks to the system.
- Provide mitigation recommendations to reduce identified security risks
- Work directly with internal IT staff and customer to establish and enforce IT security best practices, protection objectives, process improvements and effective IT security controls
- Perform system vulnerability scanning using approved software tools and ability to automate
- Thoroughly understand software installations, systems monitoring and troubleshooting, account management, and overall efforts to minimize system downtime
- Thorough understanding of DevOps ideologies and ability to drive and communicate change supporting DevOps/SecOps methodology within the organization
- Serve as the primary interface to governance, compliance, and risk management teams to ensure the system consistently meets the requirements for certification and accreditation. Participate in designing and managing IT Security strategy including both infrastructure and applications. Lead security and compliance based projects. Assist with projects involving cloud, operating systems, applications, and database and security issues and requirements.
- 10 + years' experience as a Security Engineer supporting software architecture development environments
- Experience with Git, Jenkins, Chef, and Puppet
- Experience with common scripting languages (Python, Ruby)
- Experience and understanding of cloud platforms (AWS, Azure)
- Familiar with DevOps and Agile methodology
- Knowledge of cloud networking architecture, cloud operations, security, automation and orchestration
- Possess clear understanding of security protocols and standards and have experience with software and security architectures.
- Understand how to design and implement security tests in accordance with stated criteria
- Experience with Linux/UNIX Windows servers, MS SQL, Oracle MySQL, MongoDB
- Experience understanding protocols, such as, SSL/TLS, CIFS, HTTP/S, DHCP, SMTP, LDAP/S, NFS, SNMP and DNS
- Experience in networking concepts and services, such as, VPNs, IPsec, PKI and TCP/IP
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrate an ability to bridge technology knowledge gaps between IT staff and corporate staff such as Legal, Compliance and Audit organizations.
- Able to work independently or within a team
- Organized, responsive and highly thorough problem solver
- 8-10 years' of experience in IT security field
- Ability to work with minimal direction on a variety of, and sometimes ambiguous, requirement
- Familiar with high-availability (HA) and failover implementations for network infrastructure and server systems
Education: Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Information Systems Management, Information Technology or other related discipline with 3-5 or more additional years related professional experience.
Location: This candidate can be located in our office in Tempe AZ, Northbrook IL, Dallas/Irving, TX
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Director Of Technology Strategy
Josh is constantly looking for opportunities for Allstate to use technology and computer software in innovative ways that continue to build on the company’s core strengths.
Back to top