Cloud Governance Consultant
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
It's an exciting time to be part of the Allstate Enterprise Architecture Department! In this role you will work beside top IT talent in a highly collaborative culture, while also getting to learn about new technology and making a huge impact on Allstate!
The Cloud Governance Consultant is accountable for driving our Cloud Governance activities. They will report to and assist the Director of Cloud Architecture, and the governance Chairs, with standards management, creating meeting agendas and materials, the recording and distribution of minutes and decisions, and manage follow-up activities.
- Develop and update our standards, patterns, reference architectures, and standards repository.
- Be the contact person for all things Cloud governance.
- Recommend enhancements to our governance capability.
- Partner with other governance bodies.
- Perform requirements analysis activities and develop the design of simple architecture components. Produce and present documentation of these components.
- Utilize reusable patterns, practices, and enterprise reference architectures that fit within the overall Allstate architectural blueprint.
- Maintain awareness of current architectures and guide their application to initiatives as appropriate.
- Identify risks, opportunities, compliance issues or other architectural concerns.
- Gather information on and review third party products and services.
Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
- 3+ years technical or business analysis experience;
- 2+ years experience in architecture governance or similar
- 1+ years of Cloud experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary - but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Back to top