Client Relations - Claims Shared Economy
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Claims Shared Economy team is responsible for the design, development and delivery of digital platforms, capabilities and business model innovation to support the needs of the emerging shared economy insurance market. Core functions include researching and evaluating potential partners, managing industry relationships, managing client busines to business relationships, and managing entrepreneurial engagement with strategic partners and strategic ventures on new potential clients and capabilities. Responsibilities includes managing and maintaining the strategy, design, delivery and performance of business process and business architecture to achieve simple and sustainable claim service solutions.
The Lead Consultant is responsible for supporting efforts to evaluate, analyze and engage strategic partnership opportunities across the Claims Shared Economy portfolio. This individual will help manage existing strategic partner relationships, identify risks and issues and enage Shared Economy design leaders as necessary. They will serve as the primary day-to-day design contact for strategic partnerships and vendor relationships. They will support contract development and negotiation efforts. The individual will support efforts to identify and evaluate technology, business process, policy and data capabilities in the marketplace for partnership and acquisition opportunities.
Strategic Relationship Management
- Serves as the primary point of contact for low to medium complexity strategic partnerships and acts as the liaison between parties on day-to-day communication
- Helps establish relationships with prospective partners and influences leadership decisions and outcomes
- Provides Claims stakeholders with transparency into capabilities and benefits of potential and new partnerships
- Works with other Claims teams to ensure partnerships are leveraged in support of claims shared economy objectives and the build out of platforms and capabilities
- Develops business plans, contracts and agreements and evaluates progress
- Coordinates multiple strategic partners
- Provides feedback to the Claims and Allstate Business Insurance Strategy & Portfolio organization to inform and support client onboarding and performance
- Works with leadership in the management of competing stakeholder interests and represents Allstate externally and Allstate claims internally on matters that represent large degrees of change
- Leads triage process for reviewing prospective partners and onboarding activity
- Engages internal and external stakeholders to introduce potential partners and guides them through the review process
- Develops and maintains program reporting using reporting and other tools
- Oversees program execution recommending and overseeing process changes and enhancements
New Technology Acquisitions
- Helps influences the vision and direction of technology acquisitions
- Conducts evaluation of candidates for acquisitions and partnerships; provides analysis to leadership
- Supports specific company/capability evaluation and valuation efforts with Claims leadership, Strategic Ventures, and the Mergers and Acquisition teams
- Understands platform/capability business needs and ensures acquisitions will meet those needs
- Assesses co-development vs. Joint Venture opportunities including implications, roles, responsibilities, IP, revenues, and competitive landscape
- Supports leadership's effort to develop and negotiate contracts with potential strategic partners and vendors
- Helps facilitate the negotiation process between Allstate and potential partners; maintains plans and timelines
- Conducts research on potential partners, identifying risks and issues, and ensuring the contract protects Allstate's brand and intellectual property
- Bachelors degree in related field preferred or equivalent experience
- Ability to interact effectively, and coach others on interacting effectively, with internal or external customers and act with empathy
- Applies working knowledge of insurance policy, coverage, and regulation
- Applies working knowledge of claim processes, policies, procedures, claim systems, coverage, liability, damage estimating, and/or settlement, and adherence to applicable legal compliance standards
- Applies industry knowledge to discipline practices, including best practices, to support the business unit
- Applies advanced relationship management skills to manage internal and external partners
- Some knowledge of joint ventures, strategic partnerships, and joint ventures
- Applies advanced knowledge of problem solving and preparation of complex reports for analysis
- Applies ability to leverage learned technical skills in support of team objectives
- Applies negotiation and/or arbitration skills
- Applies advanced conflict management and problem resolution skills in managing internal and external customer relationships
- Applies advanced problem solving skills to continuously improve business outcomes
- Ability to assist leadership in achieving business unit objectives
- Provides advanced individual decision making within authority limits
- Works within small to medium complex assignments requiring specialized knowledge in breadth and/or depth in area of expertise
- Applies advanced skill in motivation, organization, training, coaching and facilitation of teamwork
- Ability to drive progress in an entrepreneurial manner, moving quickly and taking calculated risks when deemed appriopriate
- Applies advanced skills related to process design, improvement, and integration
- Applies functional integration skills in order to incorporate new capabilities and processes with existing Claims activities
- Ability to influence business process design and strategic direction
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary - but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the "EEO is the Law" poster click "here". This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click "here". This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company's policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee's ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.
Back to top