Claims SIU Data Analytics Consultant
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Allstate Insurance Company has an exceptional career opportunity for a Claims SIU Data Analytics Consultant in Northbrook IL!
This job is responsible for applying intermediate knowledge in three different skills related to Allstate products and claim processes, data analytics and SIU investigations to support with limited guidance the development and implementation of technical and analytical solutions to address SIU business and analytical needs. This individual compiles data and can create reports on historical operations and market trend information using business and statistical software tools. This individual with limited guidance implements operational, fraud, and analytical models, and organizes significant amounts of data input and output to develop recommended conclusions. This individual utilizes database structuresand assists in developing innovative strategies and solutions. The individual is proficient in communicating recommended conclusions based on analysis to field leadership that is technical and non-technical and promote analytics usage by collaborating with others. The individual is responsible for quality and quantity of sound decisions around processes and issues and must be able to identify patterns and relationships in data using multiple resources, multiple tools, and multiple techniques. The individual is also responsible for overseeing complex vendor relationships by providing oversight of vendor operational, quality and performance metrics, communicating changes in process and procedure as needed, and assessing vendor adherence to procedures and business goals. The individual also delivers compassionate service that is fast, fair, and easy, to ensure customer retention. The individual works with limited guidance, prioritizes the individual's own responsibilities, and manages the individual's own workload. The individual consistently meets band level behaviors, production, quality and/or customer service goals.
- Makes and maintains a connection with the customer by understanding and meeting their needs; serves the customer with empathy; and follows up to ensure that customer needs have been met
- Manages, researches, and resolves complex customer communications, concerns, conflicts or issues
- Reviews customer satisfaction results; recommends, designs, and implements personal and business unit action plans
- Collaborates with peers and others around best practices throughout efforts in this category
- Determines data availability and quality (enterprise wide), performs validations and support throughout all phases of complex ETL efforts
- Leadsusage of applications to assist with aggregating large datasets into manageable and usable formats
- Integrates data across various source systems when needed
- Conducts root cause analysis and dependency analysis for complex ETL projects when needed
- Development of User Interfaces, Applications & Self Service
- Collaborateswith peers and others around best practices throughout efforts in this category
- Collaborates with others to gather and refine requirements to be used in the development of user interfaces for collecting and sharing data
- Using a variety of tools and applications (e.g., SAS, Tableau, Business Objects),to build complex analytics and reporting, data visualization and/or analytical self service tools in order to share data and output of analytical and/or model efforts
- Collaborates with peers and others around best practices throughout efforts in this category
- Develops complex analyses based on operational, economic and/or accounting data
- Analyzes data to answer SIU and Non-SIU related business questions using multiple tools (e.g., Excel, SAS, Tableau)
- Performs a variety of complex analyses to identify trends and outliers that are statistically significant and be potentially indicate fraud; communicates results and impact to field management with recommendations
- Collaborates with others in developing visual analytics to support complex investigation data involving multiple claims and multiple entities participating in the fraudulent schemes
- Collaborates with leadership, providing strategies for investigating/handling of the underlying claims involving Complex Cases in a consistent manner
- Assists field management in developing strategies to address complex investigations
- With guidance will collaborate with retained and staff counsel to develop analtyical support in complex cases
- Identifies and communicates how analytical trends and results may contribute as inputs to models
- Utilizes data visualization tools and/or other analytics software to create reports for the team and/or management on the territory specific SIU operational performance
- Develops metrics to measure various characteristics of the SIU business to replicate and improve current measures and create new metrics and ways to view and analyze results
- Supports data analytics and financial analysis
- Determines financial status by comparing and analyzing plans and forecasts with actual results.
- Improves financial status by analyzing results and variances; identifying trends; recommending actions.
- Development of spreadsheet, completion of monthly analysis using analytic and modeling applications
- Assists in creating, enhancing and communicating manuals and/or presentations to assist Field users with understanding on the use of reporting, data visualization and/or self service tools
- Attends conferences and events to gain better industry, software, and vendor knowledge while networking and sharing ideas with others
- Conducts knowledge transfer sessions and/or monthly working committee meetings to share information about best practices and learnings around programming techniques, analytical techniques, and tool use to peers, and/or management
- Travel to SIU territories as needed
- Oversees complex vendor relationships
- Determines optimum vendor utilization based on need and budget and communicates to Field as needed
- Collaborates with various SIU Field offices to identify training needs of vendors
- Reviews and analyzes operational reports related to vendor performance, usage, budget and spending, and other key metrics
- Bachelors degree in related field preferred
- Ability to interact effectively, and coach others on interacting effectively, with internal or external customers and act with empathy
- Applies moderate knowledge of insurance policy, coverage, and regulation
- Applies moderate knowledge of claim processes, policies, procedures, claim systems, coverage, liability, damage estimating, and/or settlement, and adherence to applicable legal compliance standards
- Applies moderate industry knowledge to discipline practices, including best practices, to support the business unit
- Applies moderateknowledge of computer applications such as Excel, Business Objects, Access, PowerPoint, Tableau,etc.
- Applies moderate knowledge of analytical procedures to reconcile, manipulate, and recognize patterns of data
- Applies moderate knowledge of problem solving and preparation of complex reports for analysis
- Applies moderate ability to leverage learned technical skills in support of team objectives
- Applies advanced negotiation and/or arbitration skills
- Applies advanced conflict management and problem resolution skills in managing internal and external customer relationships
- Applies advanced problem solving skills to continuously improve business outcomes
- Ability to assist field leadership in achieving business unit objectives
- Ability to investigate, evaluate and settle complex claims
- Provides advanced individual decision making within authority limits
- Works within complex assignments requiring knowledge in breadth and/or depth in area of expertise
- Has and maintains all appropriate licenses and registrations for the role per state requirements
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please seethe notice regarding the Los Angeles Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Data Analytics Engineer
Patrick supports the work of his fellow Data Scientists by coding predictive models. He works to create functional Allstate products by making sense of the company's vast amount of customer data.
Back to top