Claims Service Specialist
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Allstate Insurance Company has an exceptional career opportunity for a Claims Service Specialist in Chandler, AZ!
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding or challenging? Allstate Insurance has an exciting career opportunity that will utilize your customer service and technical skills to deliver on our promise to provide fast, fair, and efficient claim service. If you have the passion to help others and build the success of a great company, join the Allstate team.
What you will do:
- Manage a high volume of inbound calls to assist customers through the claims process
- Leverage Allstate's state-of-the-art NextGen claims system to file new claims and bring existing claims to resolution
- Review investigation notes and determine coverage and liability for non-complex losses
- Achieve targeted performance goals to support Allstate's industry leading operation standards
- Utilize critical thinking skills to discover better ways of working and resolve complex problems in a team environment
- Thrive in an inclusive team environment that encourages diversity, balance and innovation
Starting date: January 21, 2019
Starting salary: $15.00 hourly / $31,200 annually (paid bi-weekly)
- Paid 5 week training program which includes classroom and hands on training.
- Training schedule will be Monday - Friday, 9 AM to 5:30 PM
- Complete training runs for 5 weeks and is mandatory . Due to the importance of training, no time off will be permitted during this period
- Permanent shift will be decided at a later time
What we offer:
- Competitive salary
- Generous Paid Time Off, 401(k) and pension
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Business casual work environment
- Wellness incentives
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Volunteer opportunities
- Learn more about our benefits at Allstate Good Life
If you're up to the challenge, here are some of the qualifications you'll need to apply:
- Excellent customer service skills and a passion for helping others
- High School Diploma or General Education Diploma (GED)
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Excellent time management skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong computer, typing and grammar skills
- Bilingual candidates fluent in English and Spanish encouraged to apply
- Military candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
- One year of customer service experience in an office environment - preferred
The candidates offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary - but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Back to top