Claims Service Specialist
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Allstate Insurance Company has an exceptional career opportunity for a Claims Senior Service Specialist in Tempe, AZ!
Our customers need us the most when they file a claim. As an Allstate Claims Servicve Specialist, you will play a vital role to ensure we deliver on our promise to help restore people's lives after they've experienced a loss. Each day you will be responsible for managing a steady volume of new claims involving property, auto liability and/or casualty. Process moderately complex claim activities related to non-technical claims in accordance with established quality, productivity and process standards on specific losses as directed by management or claim adjuster. Most importantly, you will work with our customers to guide them through the claims process in a caring and professional manner. You will handle every step from managing incoming calls and data entry, to filing reports and mail support. Your success will be rewarded with our Total Rewards package which includes base pay, benefits, and opportunities for career advancement.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Performs clerical duties, including data entry, filing paper documents, email, calendar management, and word processing
- Handles claim files (locates/requests files, files paperwork, reconstructs missing files, moves misfiled documents, sends to other offices, etc.)
- Retrieves, prints, faxes, or mails supporting documentation to vendors or others as directed
- Provides back-up for any support functions in the office
- Investigate prior losses and other information on file and orders reports as needed at the direction of adjusters and management
- Receives, screens and routes incoming telephone calls and other electronic correspondence
- Contacts or receives contact from customers or other claim related third parties to obtain and/or provide necessary file information to comply with quality and process standards
- Generates and sends appropriate forms to insured/claimant for completion
- Processes claims payments
- Completes all necessary forms, logs documents into the system, and routes them to the appropriate parties
- Assists adjusters with more complex claim handling, analyze documentation and settle basic, straight-forward, and routine claims quickly and efficiently
- High School Diploma or equivalent with previous experience in either customer service and/or a professional work environment
- Good organization skills with timely follow-up skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of Excel and Word
- Performs routine tasks of basic complexity under general supervision
- Ability to be a self-starter and work independently
- Fluency in Spanish and English is especially desirable
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Data Analytics Engineer
Patrick supports the work of his fellow Data Scientists by coding predictive models. He works to create functional Allstate products by making sense of the company's vast amount of customer data.
Back to top