Claims Home Office Leadership Director
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Leadership Function is reserved for individuals who develop claims strategy, administer quality management initiatives, and administer change management initiatives. Home Office Leadership is responsible for providing administrative guidance and support, and overseeing projects and initiatives that assist Field Claims leadership in establishing and outperforming their strategic goals and objectives.
This director-level leadership role is responsible for organizing and directing the activities of the assigned Home Office function and field discipline area to assist them in their objectives of outperforming the competition in customer service, severity and expense ratios, and to support the Company's growth goals. The individual leverages in-depth subject matter expertise and external industry relationships and business acumen to provide advanced guidance and support in areas of enterprise-wide functional strategy, claims policies, practices and procedures, employee development and training, and claim mechanization.
- Ensures and enables staff to maintain a connection with the customer by understanding and meeting their needs; serves the customer with empathy; and follows up to ensure that customer needs have been met
- Manages and resolves escalated customer communications, concerns, conflicts or issues
- Reviews customer satisfaction results; develops and directs business unit action plans
Field Operations and Oversight
- Partners with field leadership within assigned discipline area to establish and achieve company goals and objectives
- Advises and counsels field leadership on analysis of trends, alternatives and risk factors of changing claim environments by state and territory and mechanized claim systems, and recommends programmatic and system changes to address company growth and profit projections
- Oversees the preparation and design of cost/benefit and feasibility analyses, and identifies, reviews, and clarifies the need for new or modified systems, programs, policies or procedures
- Functions as an advanced resource to both claims and territorial management staff in evaluating the effectiveness of overall claim results
- Oversees the analysis of enacted laws and regulations and develops and communicates appropriate procedures for compliance
- Defines and establishes processes and procedures to monitor field compliance with laws and regulations
- Defines and establishes functional budgets, operational plans, and performance requirements
- Leads and participates in strategy sessions, idea generation and feedback sessions and responsible for aggressive but attainable long-range objectives in assigned area of responsibility
- Creates a productive and supportive work environment of highly engaged employees who create highly satisfied customers
- Ensures understanding of business objectives, results, processes, etc. with their direct reports
- Reviews employee work quality and interactions with customers through conducting ride-alongs or sit-alongs and file reviews
- Manages staff and effectively uses performance management to improve and/or reward employee performance
- Participates in checkpoints, goal setting, and PDS's
- Completes performance corrective action plans and coaches employees on performance or behavior opportunities
- Interviews potential employees
- Monitors staffing levels and workloads
- Effectively coaches and provides development/career guidance for direct reports
- Administers company Human Resources policies
- Bachelors degree in related field preferred or equivalent experience
- Ability to interact effectively, and coach others on interacting effectively, with internal or external customers and act with empathy
- Applies highly advanced knowledge of insurance policy, coverage, and regulation
- Applies advanced knowledge of claim processes, policies, procedures, claim systems, coverage, liability, damage estimating, and/or settlement, and adherence to applicable legal compliance standards
- Applies advanced industry knowledge to discipline practices, including best practices, to support the business unit
- Applies advanced knowledge of analytical procedures to reconcile, manipulate, and recognize patterns of data
- Applies highly advanced knowledge of problem solving and preparation of complex reports for analysis
- Applies highly advanced ability to leverage learned technical skills in support of team objectives
- Applies highly advanced negotiation and/or arbitration skills
- Applies highly advanced conflict management and problem resolution skills in managing internal and external customer relationships
- Applies highly advanced problem solving skills to continuously improve business outcomes
- Ability to assist leadership in achieving business unit objectives
- Applies highly advanced knowledge of training facilitation and coaching skills
- Ability to investigate, evaluate and settle highly complex claims
- Provides highly advanced individual decision making within authority limits
- Works within highly complex assignments requiring specialized knowledge in breadth and/or depth in area of expertise
- Has and maintains all appropriate licenses and registrations for the role per state requirements
- Applies advanced skill in motivation, organization, training, coaching and facilitation of teamwork
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary - but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Back to top