Claims - Change Management and Implementation - Director
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can’t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You’ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers’ lives. We’ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you’ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Claims Efficiency Director is responsible for delivering significant and ongoing improvements to LAE while delivering on high quality claims outcomes with superior customer and employee experiences. In addition to developing strategy / leading implementation of the claims efficiency agenda, the Claims Efficiency Director will also be responsible for work force management, scheduling, and other related activities.
- Leads, challenges and takes risks in formulating strategic direction
- Develops long-range fully integrated strategies and identifies long-term impact of initiatives
- Contributes to senior-level conversations guiding strategic direction of the business unit or corporation
- Develops long range strategic direction of communication efforts supporting the corporation, business unit and department
- Accountable for ongoing assessments of agreed upon strategies recommending shifts, changes in direction and responsiveness to marketplace issues, when necessary
- Locates, maintains and uses resources to achieve results
- Influences the work of the department to ensure all initiatives and strategies are supporting the client and company in achieving business objectives
- Leads projects including strategy, communication and analysis that provide actionable recommendations; develop presentations that articulate findings and recommendations as well as facilitate executive decision making and alignment for internal and external stakeholders
- Recommends approach for and process of developing and refining strategies for
- Develops and communicates initiative progress and integration in key priorities to senior leadership to gain alignment
- Assists in leading strategic operations group direction, capabilities, staffing, and integration with other functional groups
- Acts as strategic operations liaison with select business units
- Creates a productive and supportive work environment of highly engaged employees who create highly satisfied customers
- Ensures understanding of business objectives, results, processes, etc. with their direct reports
- Reviews employee work quality and interactions with customers through conducting ride-alongs or sit-alongs and file reviews
- Manages staff and effectively uses performance management to improve and/or reward employee performance
- Participates in checkpoints, goal setting, and PDS’s
- Completes performance corrective action plans and coaches employees on performance or behavior opportunities
- Interviews potential employees
- Monitors staffing levels and workloads
- Effectively coaches and provides development/career guidance for direct reports
- Administers company Human Resources policies
Metrics and Measurement
- Lead the design of measurements/metrics that gauge the success of client initiatives.
- Design and present strategic summaries of analysis and recommendations tailored to specific audience/s.
- Monitors and evaluates the project portfolio and overall resource investment to ensure achievement of CoE goals
- Provides thought leadership as well as people leadership on strategic direction consistent with corporate goals.
- Maintains active dialogue with senior executives, business units and investments on key trends and risks impacting their businesses.
- Routinely makes presentations to senior management and demonstrates effective communication skills in all forms necessary for effective execution of assignments.
- Understands and leverages relationships, both internal and external and is an established finance leader across the organization.
- Development and execution of Claims efficiency agenda including, but not limited to, initiatives outlined in the Claims Strategic Business Plan.
- Bachelors degree in related field preferred or equivalent experience
- Masters degree with emphasis in business, applied mathamatics or related field
- Ability to interact effectively, and coach others on interacting effectively, with internal or external customers and act with empathy
- Applies highly advanced knowledge of insurance policy, coverage, and regulation
- Applies advanced knowledge of claim processes, policies, procedures, claim systems, coverage, liability, damage estimating, and/or settlement, and adherence to applicable legal compliance standards
- Applies advanced industry knowledge to discipline practices, including best practices, to support the business unit
- Applies advanced knowledge of analytical procedures to reconcile, manipulate, and recognize patterns of data
- Applies highly advanced problem solving skills to continuously improve business outcomes
- Ability to assist leadership in achieving business unit objectives
- Applies highly advanced knowledge of training facilitation and coaching skills
- Provides highly advanced individual decision making within authority limits
- Works within highly complex assignments requiring specialized knowledge in breadth and/or depth in area of expertise
- Applies advanced skill in motivation, organization, training, coaching and facilitation of teamwork
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life — including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Data Analytics Engineer
Patrick supports the work of his fellow Data Scientists by coding predictive models. He works to create functional Allstate products by making sense of the company's vast amount of customer data.
Back to top