Claims Auto Total Loss Service Specialist
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.®
Voted one of the World's Leading Top 100 Companies by Forbes magazine.
Do you have a passion for helping others? Do you genuinely care about people? Are you interested in vehicles? Do you have strong organizational and time management skills? And are you looking to accelerate your career at a renowned company?
Allstate Insurance Company has an exceptional career opportunity for a Claim Senior Service Specialist Total Loss Processor in Farmington Hills, MI.
Our customers need us most when they are involved in an accident. As a Total Loss Processor, you will help us deliver on our promise of restoring people's lives after they've had a loss. In this vital role, you will be responsible for supporting our Total Loss Adjusters by finalizing the claim process. Your primary responsibility will be to contact our customers, issue payments and process titles. You will also work closely with an independent salvage vendor, to be sure they receive the necessary documents in order to quickly process the title and salvage. Your Total Loss processing duties may include calls to lien holders and other outside vendors related to the claim handling. Allstate is committed to providing fast, fair and easy claim service all while maintaining our customer's satisfaction. This role provides the opportunity to add value and take ownership, all while working collaboratively with others on the team. Your success will be rewarded with our Total Rewards package, which includes base pay, benefits and opportunities for career advancement.
This is your chance to use your compassion and intellect to help make a meaningful difference in people's lives. Join the thousands of people who work in the claims industry in highly stimulating work that will require you to assimilate data, evaluate facts and offer solutions to complex problems. Every day presents different learning and growth opportunities. In the process, you will gain a broad range of professional skills that will be equally applicable and highly valuable no matter where your career takes you.
We do everything we can to encourage, enhance, provide tools and promote growth in ways that are good for all, so we reach greater heights together.
You'll be part of a company that's innovating new products and experiences. You'll be going beyond protecting people to developing ways to help them live smarter every day. It takes all of us. It takes the best of us. And it makes us better. You will make us better.
Growth + Development + You
We invest millions each year in in-depth training, performance enhancement and personal mentoring programs designed to give you the resources and relationships you need to remain stimulated while you apply and develop your interests and skills in ways you never thought of before. Through challenging assignments, rotational work experiences and specialized advancement opportunities, you'll have a place where you can forge your own career path and grow to your full potential.
Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn to find out for yourself... or hear from some of our employees in our short video: Good Work Across The Nation
This position is for a Total Loss Processor, servicing the states of Michigan, Ohio, and Indiana. You will be required to work a flexible schedule, between 8:00 am and 5:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Benefits + Rewards + Balance
- As part of the Allstate team, a competitive salary is just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like medical and dental as well as paid time off, a robust pension and 401(k). It also packs in some of the most fulfilling work/life programs you'll find anywhere. And, you'll be compensated and rewarded along the way.
- $33,200 annual salary, paid bi-weekly
- Comprehensive health insurance plans
- Pension plan, PLUS 401K
- Career path/succession planning
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Mentoring programs
- Tuition reimbursement
- Inclusive work environment
- Flexible schedules
- Generous paid time off (with option to purchase additional days)
- Health and wellness benefits, including: nutrition/weight management, smoking cessation program, stress management, lifestyle coaching, financial resources
- Adoption assistance program
- Flexible spending accounts (FSA)
- Employee Resource Groups including Allstate Women's Information Network (AWIN), Professional Latino Allstate Network (PLAN), Allstate Asian American Network (3AN), Allstate Network of Gay and Lesbian Employees and Supporters (ANGLES), African American Working Network (AAWN), Young Professional Organization (YPO), Parents Working Together (PWT), Allstate Adoption Network (AAN) and Allstate Veterans Engagement Team and Supporters (AVETS).
- High School Diploma/General Education (GED) PLUS 3-4 years insurance claims processing experience (or equivalent)
- Bachelor's Degree is a plus/preferred
- Excellent customer service skills and a passion to help others
- Ability to be a self-starter and work independently
- Excellent time management skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong computer, typing and grammar skills
- Bilingual candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
Join our award-winning team!
- Diversity, balance, innovation and providing an environment where employees can thrive. These are all core values at Allstate, and we have the awards to prove it:
- The World's Leading Top 100 Companies – Forbes magazine
- Diversity Elite - America's Best 50 Companies for Minorities – Fortune magazine
- Top 100 Military Friendly Employers List - MilitaryFriendly.com
- 50 Happiest Companies in America - CareerBliss
- Best Places to Work for Recent Grads - ConnectEDU
- 100 Best Companies for Working Mothers – Working Mother magazine
- Top 40 Best Companies for Hispanics to Work – Hispanic Business magazine
- Top 10 Companies for African Americans to Work – DiversityInc
- Top 100 Best Places to Work in IT – Computerworld magazine
- Top 100 Companies for Employee Training and Development – Training magazine
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please seethe notice regarding the Los Angeles Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Director Of Technology Strategy
Josh is constantly looking for opportunities for Allstate to use technology and computer software in innovative ways that continue to build on the company’s core strengths.
Back to top