Claims Analytics Internship
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can’t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You’ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers’ lives. We’ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you’ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Allstate Insurance Company has an exceptional career opportunity for a Claims Analytics Intern in Northbrook, IL.
About the team:
The Analytics Function assists management by performing workflow analysis, identifying process improvement opportunities, and conducting cost/benefit analysis of proposed changes. Analytics prepares customized analysis, model development, data mining and reports for management. Data management receives and disseminates large amounts of data and ensures the integration into downstream systems.
About the position:
Under general supervision, this job is responsible for assisting with the development and implementation of technical and analytical solutions to address business needs. This individual compiles data and can create reports on historical operations and market trend information using business and statistical software tools.
- Develops inputs for use in analytical and/or modeling efforts
- Performs source system mapping and documentation efforts
- Using a variety of tools and programming languages, aggregates moderately sized datasets into manageable and usable formats for use in analytic and modeling efforts and/or tools
- Works with senior peers to optimize and automate moderately complex ETL projects for optimal utilization of shared system resources
Development of User Interfaces, Applications & Self Service
- With the assistance of senior peers, uses a variety of programming languages to build basic to moderately complex data collection user interfaces designed to capture inputs for analytics and/or models
- Using a variety of tools and/or programming languages, builds basic reporting, data visualization and/or analytical self service tools in order to share data and output of analytical and/or model efforts
- Develops basic analyses based on operational, economic and/or accounting data
- Performs a variety of basic to moderately complex analyses to identify trends and outliers that are statistically significant
- Works with senior peers to identify how the results may contribute as inputs to models
Product Enhancement and Support
- Assists in supporting and evaluating existing or new systems and programs in an effort to create recommendations for purchase or use
- Knowledge of computer applications such as Excel, Business Objects, Access, PowerPoint, Tableau, etc.
- Knowledge of various programming languages such as SQL, SAS, Java, Hadoop or Ab Initio
- Knowledge of basic analytical procedures to reconcile, manipulate, and recognize patterns of data
- Beginning to apply knowledge of standardized problem solving and preparation of basic reports for analysis
- Ability to leverage learned technical skills in support of team objectives
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life — including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Data Analytics Engineer
Patrick supports the work of his fellow Data Scientists by coding predictive models. He works to create functional Allstate products by making sense of the company's vast amount of customer data.
Back to top