Catastrophe Modeling Consultant II
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Job Family Summary
The Catastrophe Modeling & Analytics Team (CMAT) leverages vended catastrophe models to develop catastrophe information critical to pricing development. The team also provides information, analysis and support to those responsible for risk management strategy and execution, ranging across line managers, state managers, business unit leaders and enterprise risk managers.
The Cat Modeling Consultant II provides support in the form of research and analytical assignments. They work closely with their manager on research assignments of moderate complexity, and are responsible for utilizing established procedures and best practices for exposure and model validation, the generation of average annual loss and probable maximum loss estimates, and support of the risk transfer work. They may also be responsible for providing technical support to the team.
- Drives the validation of personal and/or commercial lines auto/property exposure data
- Drives the validation of the results produced from running Allstate exposure data through commercial catastrophe modeling software
- Read, understand, and interpret technical documentation for models/perils
- Generate hurricane factors, average annual loss damage ratios, and/or fire following provisions used by Pricing
- Follows established procedures and processes to maintain CMASS (Catastrophe Modeling Analytical Software Suite), including PML Projection, Catastrophe Exposure management Reports, and Property Strategy Tool
- Provide support for the generation of PML estimates
- Follows established procedures and processes to maintain the quarterly reporting of company distributions to Reinsurance Accounting
- Follows established procedures and processes to support Pricing with the annual Net Cost of Reinsurance work
- Follows established procedures and processes to support Treasury with the annual rating agency questionnaires
- Plans, implements, manages, and/or contributes on projects that are of moderate complexity and moderate scale using accepted project management standards
- Analyze data and review analysis from others and identify and resolve basic data issues
- Integrate and analyze data from multiple sources as to reach conclusions and make recommendations
- Tracks plan performance and project timeline and communicates and presents project status
- Provide support in the development of communication plans and materials
- Completes project tasks as assigned and on-time
- Participates in the evaluation of procedures and processes
- Bachelor's degree or higher in mathematics, finance, economics or other related/quantitative field
- 2-4 years of Property & Casualty insurance experience with a primary carrier, reinsurer, and/or reinsurance intermediary
- Basic knowledge and understanding of commercially available catastrophe models
- Working knowledge of Actuarial Standards of Practice
- High level organizational and project management skills in order to handle multiple concurrent assignments
- Intermediate computer proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Intermediate proficiency of VBA, SAS, and/or SQL
- Strong decision making skills
- Works effectively in a team environment
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary - but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Back to top