Catastrophe Inside Property Investigator Adjuster
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Allstate Insurance Company has an exceptional career opportunity for a Catastrophe Inside Property Investigator Adjuster located in Northbrook, IL.
The Catastrophe Inside Property Investigator Adjuster is responsible for investigating, negotiating and settling basic CAT personal property or liability insurance claims. The individual handles basic coverage investigations, fast track estimating and losses that do not require an outside adjuster's inspection and works directly with clients. This individual reviews the insurance policy, reviews reports and photos, evaluates damages, determines loss coverage, negotiates and settles claims and authorizes payments. In addition to their adjusting duties, as a CAT adjuster, this individual also may infrequently, and under extensive direction from unit members, assist in workflow management when a mega-event occurs. This individual is expected to be gaining experience in delivering compassionate service that is fast, fair, and easy, to ensure customer retention. The individual is capable of working independently, prioritizing the individual's own responsibilities, and managing the individual's own workload.
- Makes and maintains a connection with the customer by understanding and meeting their needs; serves the customer with empathy; and follows up to ensure that customer needs have been met
File Documentation and Reporting
- Summarizes documents and enters into claim system notes
- Documents a claim file with notes, evaluations and decision making process
- May handle first notice of loss of water damage claims
Coverage, Liability and Evaluation
- Investigates, reviews, determines and verifies coverage/policy information
- Provides coverage explanation to customer
- Reviews, evaluates and submits potential underwriting referral actions
- Reviews/approves basic repair estimate
- Prepares basic damage estimates
- Organizes and reconciles bills
- Conducts fast track estimating – this is the main function of the adjuster
- Handles ALE (additional living expense) claims as needed
- Handles contents inventories and pricing analysis and prepares claims reports
- Estimates water damage in a dwelling and hail damage
Negotiation and Settlement Guidance
- Negotiates and settles claims in accordance with business unit best practices
Other Projects and Responsibilities
- Interprets and applies all state and storm issues across all states
Basic knowledge of all regional construction types and related repair methodologies
Starting Salary $42,200.
Must be available to work schedule shifts Monday- Friday between the hours of 7:00am -7:00pm with occasional Saturdays and Sundays.
- Bachelors degree preferred and/or 2 years of previous property adjusting experience and/or military experience with an E-4 or better ranking.
- Interact effectively with internal or external customers and act with empathy
- Knowledge of claim processes, policies, procedures, claim systems, coverage, liability, damage estimating, and/or settlement, and adherence to applicable legal compliance standards
- Ability to leverage learned technical skills in support of team objectives
- Ability to apply conflict management and problem resolution skills in managing internal and external customer relationships
- Ability to investigate, evaluate, negotiate and settle basic claims
- Provides individual decision making within authority limits
- Has and maintains all appropriate licenses and registrations for the role per state requirements
- Bilingual candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please seethe notice regarding the Los Angeles Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Director Of Technology Strategy
Josh is constantly looking for opportunities for Allstate to use technology and computer software in innovative ways that continue to build on the company’s core strengths.
Back to top