Catastrophe Claims Service Specialist
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Allstate Insurance Company has an exceptional career opportunity for a Catastrophe Claims Service Specialist in Northbrook, IL!
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding or challenging? Allstate Insurance has an exciting career opportunity that will utilize your customer service and technical skills to deliver on our promise to provide fast, fair, and efficient claim service. If you have the passion to help others and build the success of a great company, join the Allstate team.
What you will do:
• Perform clerical duties, including: data entry, filing paper documents, email, calendar management, and word processing
• Handle claim files (locate/request files, file paperwork, reconstruct missing files, move misfiled documents, send to other offices, etc.)
• Retrieve, print, fax, or mail supporting documentation to vendors or others as directed
• Provide back-up for any support functions in the office
• Investigate prior losses and other information on file and order reports as needed at the direction of adjusters and management
• Receive, screen and route incoming telephone calls and other electronic correspondence
• Contact or receive contact from customers or other claim related third parties to obtain and/or provide necessary file information to comply with quality and process standards
• Generate and send appropriate forms to insured/claimant for completion
• Process claims payments
• Complete all necessary forms, logs documents into the system, and routes them to the appropriate parties
• Assist adjusters with more complex claim handling, analyze documentation and settle basic, straight-forward, and routine claims quickly and efficiently
What we offer:
• Competitive salary, based on prior experience
• Generous Paid Time Off, 401(k) and pension
• Medical, dental, and vision coverage
• Wellness incentives
• Tuition reimbursement (starts day 1)
• Volunteer opportunities
• You can view all Allstate benefits @ https://allstategoodlife.com
- High School Diploma/General Education Diploma (GED), plus 2 year of customer service experience in an office environment
- Strong computer, typing and grammar skills
- Excellent customer service skills and a passion to help others
- Ability to be a self-starter and work independently
- Excellent time management skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Fluency in Spanish and English is especially desirable
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary - but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Director Of Technology Strategy
Josh is constantly looking for opportunities for Allstate to use technology and computer software in innovative ways that continue to build on the company’s core strengths.
Back to top