Captain - Corporate Pilot
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The purpose of the aviation department is to provide safe and efficient air transportation for Senior Leadership and the Board of Directors in support of the enterprise's goals and mission. The aviation department operates as a High Reliability Organization serving as an integral tactical element of the corporate infrastructure.
Captain exercises collaborative leadership acting sole responsibility for the safety of aircraft and crew when assigned as Pilot in Command, until trip is completed in its entirety, or until relieved by another crew member. Responsible for directing, supervising all crewmembers or agents assigned to support the aircraft. When assigned as Co-Captain, shares in decision making process as an equally voiced stakeholder. Maintains a state of duty readiness at all times when not on Paid Time Off. Reports to the Director of Aviation & Chief pilot.
- Maintains increasing knowledge base relevant to experience level, and operational requirements
- Maintains a complete knowledge of aircraft systems and emergency procedures
- Maintains complete knowledge of, and abide by all Allstate policies, working pro-actively within the Safety Management Systems
- Responsible for ensuring the accuracy of aircraft related charges / billing of aircraft
- Maintains complete and thorough knowledge of, and act in accordance with all FAA and International aviation regulations as they apply to operations
- Ensures the plane is clean and neat, in organizationally appropriate level of passenger comfort
- Responsible for preflight preparation of the assigned flight including but not limited to determining the airworthiness of aircraft, route planning, permits, customs, noise, fuel, weather, NOTAMS, aircraft performance, airport/runway suitability, flight plan filing, assessing crew member fitness for duty while maintaining one's own, and other requirements as may arise
- Ensures all embarked passengers have travel documents appropriate to the flight requirements
- Responsible for the crew and aircraft while away from home-based, procuring and managing any assistance necessary to ensure schedule reliability, while coordinating with operations and/or maintenance including events related to AOG
- Responsible for communication in coordination with Operations in regard to destinations, ground transportation, weather and facilitation of any reasonable passenger requests, or any items relevant to the assurance of safety and a successful trip
- Communicates accurate, detailed and timely information regarding aircraft squawks using proper systems and aviation terminology, coordinating with both operations and maintenance to mitigate delay and ensure safety
- Maintains a state of duty readiness at all times when not on Paid Time Off
- Complete all reports, logs, training and all required disclosures in a timely fashion
- Be vigilant, mitigating safety, security and public relation issues involving aircraft or passengers at all times
- Complete special projects, assignments, and, or roles as assigned by Director of Aviation/Chief Pilot
- Bachelor's degree – Non- Aviation related and/ or advanced degree a plus.
- FAA Multi-Engine Land Airline Transport Pilot (ATP) Certificate
- 3500 + Hours total time preferred
- Hold at least one fixed wing multi-engine land jet type rating - preferred
- Impeccable safety record
- Communicates and operates with 100% transparency and integrity
- Builds and maintains collaborative, supportive and trusting relations with crewmembers and other stakeholders.
- Hold and maintain a FAA First Class Medical
- Valid and current US Passport with no restrictions on international travel
- Satisfactorily complete any required internal, aircraft specific certification and/or training to maintain currency or attain licensure
- Satisfactorily completes assigned Upset Recovery Training
- Expert decision making skills with the ability to build partnerships internally and externally
- Ability to identify and support continuous improvements in areas to include, but not limited to, promoting safety, performance and professionalism.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, leadership skill and experience
- Working knowledge with MS Office and such office tools
- Extensive corporate aviation experience at Fortune level with multiengine jet background - preferred
- Maintains a state of duty fitness/readiness at all times, when not on Paid Time Off
- Maintain a proximity to KPWK being able to be wheels up within 2 hours of Initial call out, when not on Paid Time Off
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please seethe notice regarding the Los Angeles Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Data Analytics Engineer
Patrick supports the work of his fellow Data Scientists by coding predictive models. He works to create functional Allstate products by making sense of the company's vast amount of customer data.
Back to top