Business Systems Analyst
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can’t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You’ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers’ lives. We’ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you’ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
- Serve as the liaison between product sponsors, end users and technology stakeholders to understand and communicate user needs by way of story writing or proof of concept proposals, may serve in a Product Owner or Scrum Master capacity for smaller work efforts.
- Work with Product Managers to understand roadmap and future features desired for implementation by the product delivery team
- Act as an extension of Product Owners to determine and document scope, intent and purpose of product enhancement/improvement initiatives inside a product backlog.
- Advise ‘Program’ and ‘Product Managers’ as to existing/possible technical capabilities or constraints.
- Collaborate and support product ownership, in the creation and grooming of epics and stories.
- Collaborate with application development in the creation and grooming of accompanying architectural epics and stories.
- Lead the design effort for proof of concepts and research and design efforts working closely with Solution Architects, Product Managers, Scrum Masters and Software Engineers to ensure each story within the backlog has been considered and the concepts can easily advance from proof to product.
- Work with XP and scrum teams to size initiatives and determine the number of sprints needed to complete.
- Assist the team to ensure blockers and issues are addressed in a quick and effective manner.
- Proactively seek to identify and close gaps, minimize the impact of blockers and ensure there is a plan in place to have them addressed should they occur.
- Use your ability to learn quickly as well as your awareness on how to operate within an agile world to coach the team and stakeholders/sponsors to aid in the culture shift from waterfall to agile.
- Stay current with changing needs of the roadside business and evaluate technology advancements that may drive improved business and technology operations.
- Provide clear and consistent communication within the assigned XP/scrum team, to product managers and to program leadership.
- Advise on design direction and when needed provide clarity on application integration and architecture, necessary environment, and/or other supporting technology needs.
- Participate and/or coordinate required testing/validation of system enhancements and fixes, creating and/or executing the test cases including problem determination and resolution.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or other IT related subject or 5 years work experience in a related IT role as a Business Analyst, Systems Analyst, or Architect.
- Strong oral and written communication skills with the ability to communicate to various levels of team members and management to clarify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions.
- Experience leading solutions from ideation, planning, execution and deployment.
- Demonstrated experience solving business and technical issues while supporting colleagues in a coaching and mentoring capacity.
- Ability to adapt to evolving business processes and operations.
- Strong interpersonal skills including the willingness to act and think as a change agent and product evangelist
- Experience utilizing Agile/Agile Scrum/XP principles and supporting Agile teams.
- Knowledge of the Product Development Lifecycle ideally in the digital mobile space.
- Experience practicing XP/Scrum assisting with product and sprint backlog development and grooming and sizing.
- Story writing experience in an Agile environment such as XP or Scrum
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life — including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Data Analytics Engineer
Patrick supports the work of his fellow Data Scientists by coding predictive models. He works to create functional Allstate products by making sense of the company's vast amount of customer data.
Back to top