Business Intelligence Senior Consultant
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Job Family Summary
The Product Operations Competitive Intelligence family serves as a strategic partner in designing, developing and analyzing competitive activities, products and industry trends for short and long term business goals and results. Individuals in this job family focus their expertise in competitor intelligence related to a specific business area, becoming subject matter experts for that area of the company.
The Business Intelligence Senior Consultant supports Product Transformation and Product Management leadership in Product Operations. You will be responsible for providing insight and analysis into the traditional and transformative aspects of insurance by tracking the activities of the overall market, including new and emerging companies and ideas, providing competitor activity updates, as well as threat and opportunity assessments.
Research and Story Development
Would you like to effectively identify and frame industry issues (traditional & emerging) and their implications to Allstate? Do you have the skills to capture & storyline larger trends in the marketplace? In this role your responsibilities include:
- Timely assessment of traditional competitors' strategies, business results and product advancements across the auto & home product lines
- Maintain strong knowledge of emerging industries, companies & ideas that currently impact, or have the potential to impact, the insurance market. This includes advancements in technology, connected cars, connected homes and other industry disruptors
- Synthesis of qualitative & quantitative information with the goal of delivering a clear & succinct story for broad consumption
- Moderate / advanced knowledge of the insurance industry & the competitive environment will be required in order to deliver a holistic view of Allstate's positioning in the market
Lead Integration and Execution
- Our team receives requests for information to be used by Senior and Executive Level, requiring quick turnaround times and high quality of analysis.
- This position will be a key player in producing deliverables that bring together the story and insights in a clear & concise manner, while pulling out recommendations for Allstate.
- At times, this assessment will require cross-functional work across Product, Marketing, Finance & Underwriting, among other areas
- Present and communicate information and findings to peers as well as various levels of Senior Leadership
- Education: Bachelor's degree required or equivalent experience
- Experience; 3+ years of experience with advanced experience in research and analysis and competitive analysis/intelligence
- Ability to demonstrate and foster a sense of urgency, strong dedication and accountability while making sound business decisions and achieving goals
- Advanced qualitative and quantitative analytical skills
- Advanced Microsoft Office Suite skills, specifically PowerPoint & Excel
- Ability to engage and influence others
- Advanced product, price, underwriting and insurance regulation knowledge, with working knowledge of personal lines rate plans and product offerings
- Advanced writing and speaking skills, including the ability to effectively collaborate with multi-disciplinary groups and all organizational levels.
- Strong presentation skills; ability to guide leadership, clients and partners through strategy and team goals
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary - but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Director Of Technology Strategy
Josh is constantly looking for opportunities for Allstate to use technology and computer software in innovative ways that continue to build on the company’s core strengths.
Back to top