Business Development Manager - Car Sharing
The mission of the Car Sharing team is to reduce the cost of car ownership for Americans by matching owners of underused vehicles with individuals who would like to loan them convenient, affordable vehicles.
The Business Development Manager will work within the Car Sharing product segment to create and execute both short and long-term sales strategies.
- Develop and execute a community partner acquisition strategy (source, evaluate, and close deals) that enable the business to achieve our onboarding targets.
- Lead business development efforts ranging from forming strategic partnerships with large, nationwide companies to negotiating relationships with local properties
- Collaborate with internal teams including technical, product, and marketing to ensure that partner requirements are represented on our product roadmap and that the business team understands the value proposition for solutions in the market
- Effectively articulate the Car Sharing value proposition in order to prospect, educate and qualify leads to create sales-ready opportunities
- Develop and maintain plans to maximize phone time, including strategic planning, adhering to metrics and defining outreach strategies based on market segment and prospect type
- Update and maintain accurate information in CRM tools
- Promote and support company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
The Business Development Manager will possess strong interpersonal and communication skills, with demonstrated success in generating leads and fostering client relationships. Organizational skills and strategic analysis are important aspects of the position, along with exceptional negotiation skills and the ability to close deals. The ideal candidate has experience researching market trends, targeting relationships and using proven methods to develop our business strategy, identify key partners and expand into new markets.
Key qualifications include:
- Ability to travel 30-40% of the time
- Expertise in storytelling to clients, investors or other stakeholders
- Experience leading business development efforts for a young company/startup with a focus on rapid growth and customer acquisition
- Comfort, positivity, and excitement for engaging and building relationships with C-Level and senior executives
- Strategic and judicious decision-making with diligent, consistent follow-through
- Experience managing multiple partnerships across a wide range of key players
- Demonstrable creativity and thoughtfulness in structuring deals to reflect unique business relationships
- A track record of working in a fast-paced environment, with the ability to set expectations and adapt in a rapidly expanding and changing marketplace
- Experience in complex, first of their kinds deals with large and small companies, with a proven ability to negotiate agreements, assess risks and interpret legal documents
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, written and verbal, including high-caliber cold calling skills
- Familiarity with common office software and CRM
- Self-starter - comfortable with ambiguity and uncertainty
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, results-oriented culture where team members work together collaboratively
- Ability to navigate through high-priority negotiations and work well under pressure
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary - but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Back to top