Business Development Associate
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can’t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You’ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers’ lives. We’ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you’ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
This individual will work independently to drive new business growth by effectively generating and closing on sales opportunities. Drive retention through superior customer service and deep product knowledge. This is achieved through effective consultations, advanced problem solving, retention process adoption, business planning and marketing strategies.
The Business Development Associate is a licensed individual who is responsible for initiating and successfully closing sales and service opportunities. The Business Development Associate will answer complex customer inquiries, resolve complex service concerns, and be able to cross-sell a broad spectrum of products in order to support customers. Associates will explain insurance coverage, make changes to policies, sell additional coverage, sell additional products, all while providing exceptional customer service. May require advanced problem solving and/or sophisticated sales techniques. The Business Development Associate is responsible for assessing customer needs and will suggest/promote alternative products or services as appropriate. The Business Development Associate will also be responsible for creating and maintaining a marketing plan to drive sale opportunities
- Provide an exceptional sales and service experience to customers in order to meet sales targets and performance goals
- Have a sales and entrepreneurial attitude
- Work independently to gather and pursue sale opportunities
- Be a connected and active member in your community
- Resolve complex questions/issues and refer other inquiries to appropriate areas as needed
- Provide quotes for all Allstate products and bind policies
- Process changes to customer policies which requires an insurance license
- Answer customer inquiries that require an insurance license on coverage’s, limits and deductibles and review customer policies, discuss options and update customer policy records
- Prospect for new business during routine customer calls
- Develop subject matter expertise and remain current on new marketing techniques in order to respond appropriately to marketing changes in the market place.
- Deliver exceptional customer experience in all interactions with the customer.
- Demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of specific company products and services in order to portray confidence and credibility to customers while matching customer needs to Allstate products and service.
- Proactively identify and act on cross-selling opportunities in order to increase household penetration and improve customer retention, applying effective selling and influencing techniques.
- Ability to interact with multiple on-line systems while speaking with customers is required.
- Demonstrate the ability to handle situations which may require adaptation of response according to customer response. Ability to appropriately handle inbound customer inquiries and calls and leverage the opportunity to cross-sell to enhance customer retention probability.
- Requires extensive knowledge of the organization, products and services and may require advance problem solving and sophisticated sales techniques.
- Ability to assess customer needs and suggest and promote alternative products or services.
- Increase customer retention by speaking with as many customers as possible while improving the customer experience.
- Requires ability to navigate a computerized data entry system and respond to a predicative dialer system.
- Seek referrals for potential customers and prospects through conversations with Allstate’s existing customer base.
- College degree preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; strong grammar skills
- Property and casualty license for state(s) in which you live, work and service preferred
- Strong PC/internet skills
- 1-2 years’ experience in an insurance sales/customer service role
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a high volume, fast paced environment
- Strong sales closing skills
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life — including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Data Analytics Engineer
Patrick supports the work of his fellow Data Scientists by coding predictive models. He works to create functional Allstate products by making sense of the company's vast amount of customer data.
Back to top